Curls Whipped Cream

Fine 4s

Hey ladies,

I wanted to share my review of Curls Whipped Cream with you.

I washed, DC-ed and untangled my locs, I mean twists after having them in over a month. I made sure each small section was wet before I applied the product. Perhaps I applied too much but when my hair dried, it was crispy. My hair doesn't feel like this with my shea butter mixture. I'm not sure if there are any 'cones in the Curls Whipped Cream but the strands felt like I had a coating of 'cones on them.

The scent was pleasant. Not too strong. I was really looking forward to using this when I eventually wear a shrunken 'from but :nono:. I need new underwear for my hair.

My hair texture is a natural-kinky-fine-4b.

Any other experiences?

tatiana

I am bias because I transitioned using CURLS products only. This was pre-LHCF.

I liked Curls Whipped Cream but they may have changed their formula since '07. However I did noticed that CURLS products only work WELL when use with other CURLS products. This is also true with Blended Beauty. Did you at least use its Quenched Moisturizer before applying Curls Whipped Cream? If you did not use its Quenched Moisturizer, you did not use the product correctly.

The only time Curls Whipped Cream got funky on me is when I did twists and sat underneath the dryer. That was a no-no.

chebaby

i love the curls milkshake and the whipped cream and i use them in conjunction with kbb hair milk and vatika frosting and they work well together.

Fine 4s

I am bias because I transitioned using CURLS products only. This was pre-LHCF.

I liked Curls Whipped Cream but they may have changed their formula since '07. However I did noticed that CURLS products only work WELL when use with other CURLS products. This is also true with Blended Beauty. Did you at least use its Quenched Moisturizer before applying Curls Whipped Cream? If you did not use its Quenched Moisturizer, you did not use the product correctly.

The only time Curls Whipped Cream got funky on me is when I did twists and sat underneath the dryer. That was a no-no.

Thanks for your feedback.

I used BB products in the past and so far I prefer them over Curls products. The Butter Me Up was moisturizing but pricey IMO. I didn't share the same experience as you regarding the BB products.

I apply the product on my wet twists and do not sit under a hairdryer.

You might be right about applying Curls Quenching Conditioner prior to using the Whipped Cream. Unfortunately for me, I tried the Quenching Condish last year and it wasn't worth the price tag IMHO. If the only way to have a successful turnout is to use both products together than I guess I won't repurchase. I must say though, I bought this product for a friend of mine (before I used it) and she loved it. So it just may be my hair...I can accept that lol.

One question though what does this instruction mean "Moisturize first with Quenched Curls Moisturizer for best results" as oppose to what other kind of outcome? And by not using QCM does this mean that my outcome will be a disaster? Thoughts?

If anyone can suggest using this product with another product (that I hopefully already have or a product that I'm interested in trying in the future- other than Curls) that would be great.

I'll see if the outcome is different and in the process learn about new product!

chebaby

^^^vatika fristing is an oil that you get from www.hairveda.com. its coconut oil mixed with amla, henna and lemon extract. it smells like cake frosting and its really good.

to your other question about the instructions, that just means that they want you to use all their products together and the quench moisturizer is meant to be used under your creamy moisturizer like the milkshake or whipped cream. i also use the quench moisturizer and i have no problems with it. my hair is soft with it but my hair is soft without it too so i more than likely wont repurchase because i think carols daughter leave in is better.

what i do after i co wash is spray the quench in my hands and then distribute throughout my hair. i then apply either the milkshake or the karens body beautiful hair milk to my hair making sure to pluck out my curls. then i pat my wet hair with a t shirt and apply the vatika frostiing. my hair stays soft all day, and each product is light so my curls arent wieghed down. to me the whipped cream is heave so i use it at night on dry hair and i will use it more in the winter.

tatiana

Thanks for your feedback.

I used BB products in the past and so far I prefer them over Curls products. The Butter Me Up was moisturizing but pricey IMO. I didn't share the same experience as you regarding the BB products.

I liked Blended Beauty but I experienced more shrinkage with this product versus curls.

One question though what does this instruction mean "Moisturize first with Quenched Curls Moisturizer for best results" as oppose to what other kind of outcome? Marketing ploy. And by not using QCM does this mean that my outcome will be a disaster? No. Thoughts? QCM is basically a water/glycerin/oil or two/several things you can not pronounce spray. According to her web site Whipped Cream does not moisturize, it "styles". I think if you use some kind of water/glycerin spray Whipped Cream may work better but it is always those things you can not pronounce that seems to make a difference good or bad.

If anyone can suggest using this product with another product (that I hopefully already have or a product that I'm interested in trying in the future- other than Curls) that would be great. Jessicurl conditioners make for a great leave-in. I like the Too Shea.

I'll see if the outcome is different and in the process learn about new product!

Good luck.

Morenita

To my knowledge, CURLS products do not contain any silicones. I know for a fact that the product in question does not. I made the switch to silicone-free (except when wearing hair straight) and I do have CURLS in my rotation. I was unsure about it when I first purchased it and unimpressed, but that is because I was using it differently then.

I use the Milkshake on my kids 3b/c hair as a regular creamy moisturize and leave-in, and I use the Whipped Cream for myself. I like to use it as a "gel" to smooth my hair down when bunning/wearing a ponytail. This is the only way that I use it. I have completely replaced Fantasia IC gel with Whipped Cream and I will probably never look back.

My personal preference is for moisturizers without "hold." If I require hold, I then apply a different product for that purpose. I use Jane Carter Nourish and Shine for my creamy moisturizer.

R4L

I would just try it again. I love their deep conditioner, and use whipped cream sometimes too. Sometimes it's just a matter of figuring out the right amount to use. And most of the time I just use it alone, after co-washing in the shower with whatever random conditioner is in there.

NaturallyGraceful

Whipped Cream doesn't work well for me alone either. I have to seal it with an oil or it'll leave my hair the dullest I've ever seen