Curlformers just ripped my hair out

MaryJane3000

Uhh yea, I was trying to pull my hair thru the roller with the hook..and when i pulled the hook out I saw a nice chunk of my hair on it, i took the roller out and looked and sure enough some my hair was thinner and I can see right where it broke at...its not that noticeable but its the principle of the matter :wallbash::wallbash:...so yea ladies if you get these things take your time putting them in, that pulling of the hair is something serious.

MaryJane3000

it wasn't too wet, it was somewhat damp...i just did a lhcf search on them and some other ppl had a similar experience, i wish i had read that b4 i bought mine. Although there are some fabulous reviews of them as well, so i guess it all depends on how quickly you get the hang of it.

poookie

i had issues with curlformers as well. i ended up getting the hang of it though. if you've got too much hair on the hook, it won't pull through smoothly. it's a bit of trial & error to figure how much hair is too much. also, your hair's got to be really wet for it to work. & you've got to pull the hook gently. unfortunately, doing all of these steps will make your installation time take forever. i did a set yesterday morning. i started putting them in at 11:30 pm & didn't finish until 2:30 am.

MaryJane3000

i had issues with curlformers as well. i ended up getting the hang of it though. if you've got too much hair on the hook, it won't pull through smoothly. it's a bit of trial & error to figure how much hair is too much. also, your hair's got to be really wet for it to work. & you've got to pull the hook gently. unfortunately, doing all of these steps will make your installation time take forever. i did a set yesterday morning. i started putting them in at 11:30 pm & didn't finish until 2:30 am.

Wow, thats a long time for installation. Im sitting under the dryer now and I hope it turns out alright when I take the down. Question though, did you sit under a dryer with yours or did you airdry? I assume that it'll take less time for it to dry than regular magnetic rollers but i can't check it and see if my hair is still damp or not. So about how long did it take you?

poookie

Wow, thats a long time for installation. Im sitting under the dryer now and I hope it turns out alright when I take the down. Question though, did you sit under a dryer with yours or did you airdry? I assume that it'll take less time for it to dry than regular magnetic rollers but i can't check it and see if my hair is still damp or not. So about how long did it take you?

it definitely takes less time to dry than magnetic rollers. i didn't sit under the dryer, & when i took out rollers in the front section of my hair 1 hour later, they were dry. i guess if i'd sat right under the dryer, it would take maybe 45 minutes tops :yep:

i'm chin length btw.

LoveCraze

Naturalista
Oh yes. My first time using these things and I took a chunk out! :wallbash: I tried to rationalize that I was transitiong and would more than likely BC soon so I tried not to be too upset about it. But now I've decided to transtion longer and I can tell my hair is a littler thinner on that side. Yes it is a trial and error thing and you really have to take your time and not force your hair through. I can usually install mine within an hour and they air dry pretty quickly too.

FluffyRed

As soon as I saw the hook, I knew curlformers were not for me.

My hair is so fine, I could rip it and never know until later - especially when wet.

Sorry this happened to you, OP.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
They have videos on yt for this.
But I have never had a problem but i don't use these after being like 8 wks post.
I love the results but please be careful ladies.

Iluvsmuhgrass

Detangle, section into smaller sections, and pull at a 90 degree angle. Don't pull at an angle because that's where the mats and tangles come in (for me.)

ajacks

The same thing happened to me. Took out a nice chunk at the nape. I was so upset I gave up on the curlformers and flat ironed instead.

Fhrizzball

Not another horror story.

I just ordered a pack so now everyone's scaring me about it. Maybe your parts were too big. I hear twisting the roots helps alot too. As will all sharp objects be very careful.

MaryJane3000

and my parts weren't too big, especially not on this section, which Im grateful for because if a big piece of my hair was taken out I'd be pouting for a while...but I do think I need to add, I did my hair yesterday and it came out okay, didn't impress me much, probably because I'm like 2 months post, but umm I slept on one side last night and those girls were stingy looking the next day....sooo like I said Im not impressed with these yet :/