Sally's Hair Donut Ripped Some Of My Hair Out!

Kimiche

I went to Sally Beauty the other day to get some products for my hair: a new comb, rollers etc. I have wanted to try protective styling for awhile now, so I was excited when I saw this donut sold there so that I could make a bun in my hair. I bought it along with my other stuff. Today I tried it for the first time. I was driving to work and my bun got kind of messed up, even thought I made it neat with the holders. So when I got to work I went to fix it in the restroom. When I unraveled the bun, some of my hair got caught on the donut, and when I tugged a little to take it off, some of my hair was caught on it and came out. So I looked at it closely and I found out that the sh*t has a staple on it to hold it together. :wallbash: That is what ripped my hair out. :wallbash:

I wish I had a picture to show you all how much hair got ripped out. It's not a handful of hair, but still. I was a little upset.

Just Venting.

krikit96

Sorry hun! The donut I use is like a spongy material... and it feels rough... what I do is take a small black satin head wrap and wrap it around the donut... this way my hair is basically wrapped around the thing I sleep in all night, and it is protected from the harsh donut.

You may wanna try it out, I love wearing a bun to work... makes me look responsible!:yep::spinning::drunk:

TLC1020

Sorry this happened to you :sad::sad:..
I was in sally's on Friday to buy products, I saw the donut spong, stopped for a minute but walked right passed it.. That's exactly why I won't use the spong..

Kimiche

Thanks for your comments. I'll try to make one on my own or get a different kind. I can't believe that they have a staple on a hair accessory though. WTF?

Last edited:

Filmatic

I am sorry about this. That's why I never got one of those. I stick to the old fashion sock donut. It seems like I lose a sock everytime I wash, might as well use the other one.

Son26

You should probably create your own donut. I created a donut with a sock, and then I covered it (sewed it tight) with fabric I cut from one of my old satin caps. I'm so glad I did this - my hair stays moist all day long.

Eisani

I cut the toe out of a pair of knee hi's and wrapped each one individually around my sponge for this very reason. I like sistaslick's version too, I may have to try that :yep:.

mezzogirl

You should probably create your own donut. I created a donut with a sock, and then I covered it (sewed it tight) with fabric I cut from one of my old satin caps. I'm so glad I did this - my hair stays moist all day long.

That is a great Idea! Thanks. I always loose a little hair when I remove my bun. I'm gonna get on that tonight when I get home. Gotta find some satin.:bouncegre

Kimiche

I cut the toe out of a pair of knee hi's and wrapped each one individually around my sponge for this very reason. I like sistaslick's version too, I may have to try that :yep:.

I should've done that. I will try her version also.

MiWay

I used mine the other day, for the first time in months, and now I remember why it's under the sink. :wallbash: I noticed way too many strands on that thing. I loved how the bun looked though, so I will have to improvise with a stocking or some satin material.