Curl Definition 4a/3c: Before & After Pics in my Album!

Naturae

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/for...p?albumid=6296
All I used was water/shea butter/Fantasia IC Gel w/Sparkle Lites:yep:

Naturae's CURL POP:

-100% Organic Africa Shea Butter (they sell this at my local BSS so I'm not sure where you can find yours)
-Denman Brush
-Fantasisia IC Gel With Sparkle Lites (In the green jar)

-Co-wash the hair / do not towel dry - leave wet
-Section hair in to 12ths (for thinner hair - less sections)
-Start with one section at a time:
-Rub about a TEASPOON of shea butter in palms until it turns into a paste
-Apply the shea butter to hair by squeezing it in to the strands, root to tip
-Run the denman brush through that section 2 times
-Apply Fantasia Gel with finger tips starting with the roots
-Move on to the next section

With this method your hair will not be dripping wet afterward. The shea butter does a wonderful job locking in moisture.

Last edited:

Ltown

Greyland
What do your hair looks like after it's dry or overnight, do you moist it the same way?

Naturae

Is your hair hard afterwards? Do you know how long you can keep this without re-doing it?

Actually my hair is VERY SOFT and not hard at all. I could tell it wasn't going to dry hard as I was doing it. I can't describe to you how amazed i was at the results as I was applying the Fantasia gel. It was curling up and started having a gloss shine like I've never seen it do with just the Fantasia IC gel alone!

What do your hair looks like after it's dry or overnight, do you moist it the same way?

I put a satin bonnet over it last night and this morning i I had some shrinkage but i just spritzed some water over it and tugged at the curls slightly to elongate. It's 5:00 and it still looks as fresh as it did when I walked out the door this morning. And that is with this Texas heat and gross air and all. hth

song_of_serenity

Shea butter plus a gel (I use ecostyler) gives AMAZING RESULTS.
Heck, shea butter alone makes my curls pop! Great results, OP!

jamoca5

YES, CURLS! Your hair looks so cute:yep:

I was just about to make a thread asking for curl definition tips. Now if only I can figure out where to find some organic shea butter...

Naturae

YES, CURLS! Your hair looks so cute:yep:

I was just about to make a thread asking for curl definition tips. Now if only I can figure out where to find some organic shea butter...

thank you!

If you can't get it at your BSS they have it at www.fromnaturewithlove.com i believe. I have never ordered from that site but a lot of naturals rave about the amazing line of butters/oils, etc that they have. you can even buy in bulk.

Whimsy

It looks awesome!!!

Is your siggie pic a shot of it when dry?

If not, do you have a picture of it when dry? and did it shrink up a lot?

Naturae

It looks awesome!!!

Is your siggie pic a shot of it when dry?

If not, do you have a picture of it when dry? and did it shrink up a lot?

The pic in my siggy is 90% dry. it does not shrink up much after the next day as the curls still look fresh and still really, really, soft. :yep: