Curl Activator + Plastic Caps?

OneShinyface

After reading the raves for S-Curl activator, I scored some today and I'm wondering if anyone applies this at night and wears an plastic shower cap to bed, reminiscent of those who used to have Jheri Curls?

I'm sure it would help maintain the moisture, but I'm wondering what others do.

Leshia

I would assume that since people used to do it when they had their curl, that it would be just fine. I'm sure though, depending on how much you sweat at night, you could be in for a rude awakening when you rip that baby off in the morning! *laughing* Maybe doing this once or twice a week wouldn't be too bad...Didn't the jheri curlers have to do it every single night? /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif

krngi819

I tried it BIG MISTAKE /images/graemlins/crazy.gif My hair was wet the next morning /images/graemlins/frown.gif I had to do something totally different with my hair because I had to go to work.

adrienne0914

i have tried this, and it didn't wrk for me because i sweat so much on my scalp when i sleep. i also really don't think it's necessary because the curl activator maintains enough moisture without this extra step.

adrienne

Leshia

It would be nice to have the option of doing that though, so as to avoid having to pile on the scarves at night to help combat the wet pillowcase!

OneShinyface

I tried it last night! Fortunately, I don't sweat much when I'm asleep. I wore my satin cap over it so I wouldn't be disturbed by the "crunching" sound and it was great! I woke up with hair that felt like silk! My scalp was a little parched, but otherwise it fine!

Ennyaa

How much are you puttin on there? I spray my ends with it almost every night and then just tie on my doo rag. /images/graemlins/sleeping.gif My hair is not usually wet in the morning unless I've REALLY saturated it. Then again because I'm almost always wearing a bun or drawstring ponytail it probably wouldn't make a difference to me if it was. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

EmeraldSky

<font color="purple">I think my hair would be dripping wet if I used a shower cap overnight, instead I apply the s-curl, put a light amount of carrot or wild growth oil on my ends to seal in the moisture then I wrap my hair in a loose bun and cover it with a small plastic baggie and secure with a scrunchie, when I wake up my hair is nice and soft. </font>

Allandra

I have never used a plastic cap with my WOC activator. It works just fine as a moisturizer for me without a plastic cap.