Crude oil for your hair

belleza

I went to the natural foods store and saw a conditioner that had crude oil in it. It was for people who have thinning hair. Being a PJ I of course bought it. Have any of ya'll heard about this treatment. ...and yes it does smell like crude oil! But I bought a really cool olive oil shampoo from the same makers and my hair looked beautiful.

Dolapo

isnt petrolatum derived from crude oil? and gasoline? and doesnt petrolatum colg the pores? err...im not sure if its a good idea to get it.....but maybe crude oil has other advantages

sky_blu

Dax products use crude oil in them so maybe it does help the hair grow because when my sister was younger she had some type of disease where her hair come out completely with batches every where. Start using the DAX and it grew back like that *insert a snapping finger*

Iluvsmuhgrass

I'm not sure if crude oil is anything like burnt (burned) oil... (the product when you change the oil in your car)... :confused: Anyways, I grew up on a farm and we used that on the dogs when they had mange. Worked wonders.... their coat filled in and was soft and shiny... but they had to stink for a few days. :p