Crown Twisting Help Needed

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I am trying to keep my hair in twists for a whole year. I do great until I get to my crown. That part is more coarse and wiry. I have problems making the twists look defined in that area. I was wondering if you ladies could give me some advice on how to twist that section. Qhemet products have helped my hair look moisturized and feel soft, so my twist outs look great. I just want the twists to stay more than a night because it really isn't that defined.

Nonie

Do you have a photo because I can't envision why the coarser hair wouldn't stay. I'd think the finer hair would unravel more easily.

I normally twist my whole head w/o products so I don't think I'm much help w/ recommending products.

bride91501

I would try to twist with shea butter, maybe mixed with a little ecostyler gel. Then you'd have the added benefit of sealing and a little hold.

Alternatively, you could use ORS twist and loc gel. I started using this on my oldest daughter for her 2 strand twists, and it quickly became a staple. Great ingredients, cheap, and great hold.

Attachments

• ORS twist and loc gel.jpg
    ORS twist and loc gel.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 3

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Do you have a photo because I can't envision why the coarser hair wouldn't stay. I'd think the finer hair would unravel more easily.

I normally twist my whole head w/o products so I don't think I'm much help w/ recommending products.
Pics will be available soon, I promise.:giggle: I have to do a better job at the twists before showing them in public.:blush: I have a lot of practicing to do.