Crown & Glory Technique WITHOUT Extensions

Justice4alw

Greetings, ladies!

Do any of you have any experience with Robin the Hair Lady's Crown & Glory Technique WITHOUT the use of hair extensions? For example, are you braiding or twisting your natural hair, leaving it in for a period of time, and then releasing it?

If so, what type of growth results are you achieving? In addition, what type of regimen do you follow?

Thanks in advance!

Hi!

I was doing *something* like this about 2 years ago when I was having a really great growth period.

I just kept my natural hair cornrowed, did a daily rinsed and then shampoo'd every three days while keeping my hair moisturized.

I am a natural 4a/b so I noticed that my hair was getting bigger and bigger, which I could tell mean it was getting longer and longer. It was terrific!! To the point where my hair dresser kept asking what I was doing, if I took vitamins etc.

I would keep my hair cornrowed for about 2 weeks at a time and then get them rebraided. I also wore headwraps most of the time during this period because after a few days of rinsing/washing the cornrows did not look "new" anymore.

So I think if you were to follow her exact routine it should work. And if I'm not mistaken I *think* Den1 follows the complete routine without extensions and it has been working wonderfully for her! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

HTH

Back