Cowashes, DCs & bunning

pinkchocolatedaisy

How do you ladies do it? I'm in the bunning challenge and I find that I need to cowash to get a decent bun. I have pretty good length but with my thickness my hair behaves best when I wet/cowash - but better from being cowashed. But do you think if you cowash frequently that its not necessary to DC? When I bun I cowash every other day or every 2 days. Do you think a weekly DC is necessary? I shampoo once or twice a week.What are your thoughts?

Just had to say that your hair is georgeous! I love the color and the thickness. I think that a weekly DC is a good idea and it works best for me. I did not DC weekly in the past and when i started doing it my hair really responded to it. I could swear that i heard my hair sigh in relief.:)

From my personal experience of being a cowashing queen :grin:, I've found DCing totally pointless :blush:. When I'm not cowashing at least every 3 days then I might throw in a DC, but at the moment my hair's in the best condition it's ever been in and that's from cowashing with great conditioners. The only time I'll DC now is when I need 1. protein 2. to repair whatever torture I've put my hair through :nono:.

I'm in the bunning challenge too and since my buns stay wet to damp for about 3 days that's how long I go between cowashes. Now if I could lower the times I detangle, my hair and I would be on a roll :grin:.

ETA: Maybe I'm deep conditioning unintentionally since I don't wash the condish out after I detangle. There might be something to doing that. Either way I've noticed the health of my hair improve tenfold when I up my cowashes versus adding a weekly DC.

Last edited:
I think it's necessary to DC with a light protein conditioner to have that proper moisture/protein balance. Too much moisture and your hair is stringy like thin rubber bands...:nono:

Thanks daydreamer for the compliment! And ckisland I'm thinking the same thing. I'm thinking a DC would be kinda pointless if I'm going to cowash frequently.

Back