Washing the hair often + Flat-ironing???

ttlayli

Okay. There's a million threads of how some ladies frequently wash or cowash, like maybe every two-three days. For those who wear their hair natural, like in curls, a bun, braids or TWA, this I understand. But what about those who flat-iron?? Do you flat-iron EVERYTIME you wash/cowash or what?? I wanted to wear my hair straight since It is starting to get chilly and plus, honestly, straight hair is less time consuming than my curls. So what do you ladies do that frequently wash/cowash?? Flat-iron everytime??? If so, how do you keep your hair healthy and growing with all that heat???

HoneyDew

Not possible! :nono:

I used to shampoo and condition twice a week and because I flatiron, I just could not deal with the heat.

Now I just do it once a week.

I miss that mid-week shampoo, too. :ohwell:

ttlayli

See I assumed this also....but when I read how some of ladies washed often...they also wore their hair straight too. :perplexed But thanks for the responses ladies! I guess every two wks I will be flat-ironing! :drunk:

Allandra

See I assumed this also....but when I read how some of ladies washed often...they also wore their hair straight too. :perplexed But thanks for the responses ladies! I guess every two wks I will be flat-ironing! :drunk:
I think every two weeks is cool, but twice in one week would be too much (as the other members mentioned). Now if you roller set twice in a week, that would be great, but not flat ironing twice a week.

BTW, which members were you referring to? Maybe you can send them a private message, just a thought.

ttlayli

I think every two weeks is cool, but twice in one week would be too much (as the other members mentioned). Now if you roller set twice in a week, that would be great, but not flat ironing twice a week.

BTW, which members were you referring to? Maybe you can send them a private message, just a thought.
Yeah...I have tried rollersetting....my hair must be tooooo thick or I'm not talented enough!!! Cuz I look like a H.A.M when I attempt a rollerset! :lachen: But I'm actually too lazy anyways to do all that work...I just notice that people say they experience a lot of growth from washing frequently so I wanted to see if it could work for me :rolleyes:.

HoneyDew

I think some of the ladies that wash often only straightened to show pictures and updates. On a day to day they do braid outs, buns, etc.

tapioca_pudding

I cowash during the week and shampoo on the weekend (I recently started doing this). On the weekend I flat iron. But during the week I sit under the dryer and do a wet wrap... My hair falls straight with a little curl from being wrapped (using my head as a roller, per Macherie :lol: ). Plus during the week I typically keep my hair clipped up anyway. HTH :)

ttlayli

I cowash during the week and shampoo on the weekend (I recently started doing this). On the weekend I flat iron. But during the week I sit under the dryer and do a wet wrap... My hair falls straight with a little curl from being wrapped (using my head as a roller, per Macherie :lol: ). Plus during the week I typically keep my hair clipped up anyway. HTH :)

Wow and your hair is really straight too!! :yep: Are you natural??