WHAT IS A CORRECTIVE RELAXER?

tsturnbu

Hey ladies,

Quick question. What is a corrective relaxer? When i went to the salon a few months ago, the beautician told me that alot of sections in my hair is underprocessed and is causing my hair to tangle. I always had a problem with tangles, and assumed that i just had to deal with tangly hair. anyways, she recommended a "corrective relaxer"

Can anyone tell me what exactly is a corrective relaxer, how it is applied, and how does this work?

Thanks ladies! All comments/suggestions welcomed.

gymfreak336

A corrective relaxer is when relaxer is applied to the underprocessed sections of your hair. It should not be left in as long as a regular touch up since it has already been "cooked". I did my own corrective this year and basically I applied the relaxer to the newgrowth as usual. During the last 7-8 minutes I pulled it through the underprocessed sections.

tsturnbu

gymfreak336 said:
A corrective relaxer is when relaxer is applied to the underprocessed sections of your hair. It should not be left in as long as a regular touch up since it has already been "cooked". I did my own corrective this year and basically I applied the relaxer to the newgrowth as usual. During the last 7-8 minutes I pulled it through the underprocessed sections.

thank u, but how can u identify underprocessed sections. my hair doesnt ook underprocessed to me.

jade998

I think if you are not experiencing tangles/shedding and you can have no general problems with your hair...then don't worry about getting a corrective

neonbright

I had my corrective done this month with a no lye shea butter relaxer and I am so glad I did it. No more hard to detangle hair and no more excessive shedding. I am to the point I have no shedding, I can count the hairs now and go man that is it.

My sylist showed me my underprocess sections in my hair while it was wet. I could see the wavy sections that was tex-lax and the straighter section that was relax; then I realized that I thought with the changes in my hair after being sick was not the tangling part it was the lack of even relaxing from the different stylist I had.

But now since I have had the corrective for two weeks now my hair and I are happy campers. With my hair being thin, she put extra oil coating on my hair and edges, after relaxing my new growth she proceeded with the corrective and relaxing my edges last.