Corrective: Doing better the second time around

VirtuousGal

OK, hello guys, and thank you so much for those of you who advised me against relaxing again to correct my faulty first self relax a few days later. I am now reaching a month since my botch perm and I wanna correct my relaxer and holla at new growth if there is any there. What can I do to better my process this time?

Last time I added oil to vitale body and life but i think that wasnt neccessary because it didnt seem that strong and didnt really straighten my hair, and at the same time, the relaxer seemed like it could have been old, because I stirred inside, the top was white but deep in the cream was a weird copper yellow ish color and I am not sure if this is normal. Should I buy a new one? Also , I had sprayed my hair with a product that had silk protein, based my scalp with grease, plus added olive oil to the perm, was that too much protection? LOL

Lastly, I think I put to many sections in my hair, 6, and I know the front didnt have a decent amount of processing time. Even though the tub said 25 min at most, i waited 35 and still have crazy textures everywhere. Is this because I didnt thoroughly come through and smooth? I know that I didnt.
And I keep hearing that protein treatments can revert relaxers? but thats what i used right after i permed my hair...so I dunno...
Any guidance appreciated before my second attempt.

Yes I would like to know this as well. I think I overprotected myself last time and my hair was the same after as it was before. But I think I put too much conditioner and oil into my texturiser (S-Curl regular). Maybe it didn't need it, since its a texturiser!

But if the relaxer cream is hardish as well as a yellowy colour, then I would bin it. I bought one in this state and had to take it back to the store :eek:

Same here.. Usually I do a fantastic job of relaxing (PHytorelaxer Index II) but this time I put too many sections in my hair and I also used Profectiv Healthy Ends to protect my ends and put it too close to my new growth. Now the area where the profectiv was applied is not totally relaxed.. Also I had to deal w/too many sections. Well, I chalk this up to experience and next time I'll only use Profective on my edges and kitchen area because those areas takes the longest time to grow and also areas where I don't want to overlap..

Back