*CORRECTION* NATURALS WITH SL HAIR: Please Post Pics of Your Twists (Thanks Nonie)

davisbr88

Hi, ladies:
Nonie brought it to my attention that my last thread could have been interpreted incorrectly. I am looking for pictures of naturals who have SL hair who have put their hair into twists, NOT naturals whose twists are SL. I hope that makes sense. If your hair is at SL when stretched, please post pics of what your hair looks like with individual two-strand twists when dry/shrunken. Please include what product you used and whether or not the twists were done on wet or dry hair. Thank you!

Janet'

Re: *CORRECTION* NATURALS WITH SL HAIR: Please Post Pics of Your Twists (Thanks Nonie

Yep, it does! Hopefully those ladies will start posting!

davisbr88

Re: *CORRECTION* NATURALS WITH SL HAIR: Please Post Pics of Your Twists (Thanks Nonie

bump bump bump!

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun

bump bump bump!

I went from this

To this after wetting my hair

ETA they were done on heat stretched hair. I used a creamy leave in and sealed with coconut oil and shea butter. I'm debating if I should use heat next time since they didn't look nice until I wet them

Last edited:

tberry2688

This is my hair straightened

This is my hair in twist- I do them on hair that was air dried in a pony tail and i twist with Shea aloe butter

davisbr88

Those twists are so cute ladies!
@Foxglove - what product did you twist with?

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14

Great thread! :Rose: I love seeing natural styles!:yep:

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun

Those twists are so cute ladies!
@Foxglove - what product did you twist with?

After I put the leave in and coconut oil/shea butter mix that was it. My hair stays put whether I use products or not. The only thing I did to reduce frizz was wet it each morning and run some KCCC through concentrating on the ends so my little coilies could pop

LadyRaider

These are cute. Thanks!

Nonie

Foxglove I'm mad your twists look so fuller than mine. Love the shrunken look. :love:

Tberry, your shrinkage is like woah! :eek: Cute dimples. :)

WAVES4DAYS

Beautiful twists ladies! Tberry, your shrinkage is amazing :spinning:

Sianna

Thanks for this thread OP!! I was wondering the same thing!! Hopefully I'll be scraping SL in late fall/early winter, so now I'll have a better idea of what my twists will look like by then.

Thanks for the pics ladies! Your twists look great! :yep:

tberry2688

Beautiful twists ladies! Tberry, your shrinkage is amazing :spinning:

Foxglove I'm mad your twists look so fuller than mine. Love the shrunken look. :love:

Tberry, your shrinkage is like woah! :eek: Cute dimples. :)

Thanks ladies!they do shrink a lot lol prob bc i spray them daily