Cornrow Wearers: Anybody ever rinse their braids frquently?

nomoweavesfome

I need some advice. I believe I will do cornorows bi weekly and this is my first week. I poo'd with african pride braid spray and rinsed it out and boy did it feel good. I was worried about frizzies but I got minimal frizzies and in fact, it looked almost as fresh as the first day. Problem is, the itch is unbearable. I did a tea tree oil mix which helps for approximately 5 hours before the itch returns. My scalp is thriving for WATER!

I was just curious if anybody rinsed their cornrows frequently while wearing.

LadyPaniolo

:hi: Long time cornrow wearer, here!

I put water on my corrows all the time. The thing is, I usually wore mine under wigs, so the fuzzies weren't as much of an issue for me. I just wore the cornrows to make my hair flat enough to fit well under the wig, and to prevent tangling.

My advice: wash them cornrows, girl! After you condition well and add your leave-ins, tie them down with a satin scarf and let them dry like that. This reduces fuzziness by a great deal for me.

Mook's hair

For me it depends on how long I want them to last. I tend to generously spray my cornrows with either diluted infusium or Mane & Tail detangler or Aloe vera juice or African ROYALE braid spray.

NOTE: African pride is stickier and is not a black owned company.

I find that completely saturating the cornrows in the shower tub or sink leads to faster fuzziness than generously skeeting moisturizers all over the rows.

The last 3 days before I take my cornrows out, I usually co wash them all 3 of those days.

It really depends on your hair and also the size of the cornrows and the style. some frizz faster than others. Moisture is your friend so if you're not having a problem maintaining the style then go for it!

I have lots more cornrow info in my fotki album. Nonie can give you some good tips too.

nomoweavesfome

ooh ok. soo let me as this....
What about the shower as opposed to sink or tub? Or still the same? I need to check and see if I have African Pride or Royale. I just read the ingredients and it was all natural looking stuff. I have the braid spray too which smells yummy and also feels good.

I'm only wearing for 2 weeks at a time.

What about a stocking cap while rinsing?

nomoweavesfome

ok - goes to show how much I pay attention:

I have African Royale braid sheen spray, but I have African Pride spray on braid shampoo. How did I do this? That's why you can't shop in the BSS with DH on the phone with you.

LadyPaniolo

For me it depends on how long I want them to last. I tend to generously spray my cornrows with either diluted infusium or Mane & Tail detangler or Aloe vera juice or African ROYALE braid spray.

NOTE: African pride is stickier and is not a black owned company.

I find that completely saturating the cornrows in the shower tub or sink leads to faster fuzziness than generously skeeting moisturizers all over the rows.

The last 3 days before I take my cornrows out, I usually co wash them all 3 of those days.

It really depends on your hair and also the size of the cornrows and the style. some frizz faster than others. Moisture is your friend so if you're not having a problem maintaining the style then go for it!

I have lots more cornrow info in my fotki album. Nonie can give you some good tips too.

:lachen::lachen::lachen: OMG, Mook, no you did NOT say that! :lachen::lachen:

newflowers

When I wear cornrows, like you, I have them redone every two weeks. I wash and condition twice a week and rinse every day. I learned that if I dilute the shampoo and spray on, the braids last longer than applying shampoo and jiggling it in between the rows. Same with the conditioner. But, again like you, if I don't my scalp itches something fierce, and I mess up the style by scratching anyway. My hair definitely needs to be redone by the two week period, but it still doesn't look too bad, just a little fuzzy and not fresh. The stocking cap is a good idea, but I like to feel the water on my scalp.

Rinse, rinse, rinse!

TwistedRoots

Back2Life Back2ReLaxer!
I cowash my cornrows just as I would if my hair wear loose. I too wear them under a wig so it doesn't matter if they look like crap. I usually re do them or take them down every 7-10 days.

wannabelong

:hi: Long time cornrow wearer, here!

I put water on my corrows all the time. The thing is, I usually wore mine under wigs, so the fuzzies weren't as much of an issue for me. I just wore the cornrows to make my hair flat enough to fit well under the wig, and to prevent tangling.

My advice: wash them cornrows, girl! After you condition well and add your leave-ins, tie them down with a satin scarf and let them dry like that. This reduces fuzziness by a great deal for me.

ITA, this is exactly what I did.