Cool!! Knee Calf/ Length Sighting

Carrie A

On my way to work this morning. She (Black lady) had on a cap and ski jacket which covered the top part. The hair was hanging from the bottom of the jacket. It was loose and hung down to the knee! Stretched it probably came mid-calf. I assumed they were locks but nooo.

I was like. OMG she's midcalf and started giving her the hawk eye from my car. I almost hit the car in front of me. I left earlier than usual. Maybe I can catch her again one morning and get a phone shot. LOL

Last edited:

Carrie A

I'd have to see her without the cap to be SURE it's growth and not weave :yep:

Was she natural?

I'm not sure. The hair was very bushy/ wavy and it was thin like those fairy tail ends. If you go to long hair lovers you'll see pics except hers looked like afro textured hair.
She had a very natual look over all which is why I thought at first she had freeform locks. She wore tennis shoes and black leggings. She was dressed like a curier not one to do any crazy ultralong weave freakshow.

I should put out one of those sighting ads. Any DC folks seen this woman before. She was on 14th street this morning.

Its was enough time for me to get some basic information but unfortuately I don't have the money shot......yet. I'm pretty intrigued I intend to find out a little more if possible.

Carrie A

Girl... was it weave? You should have asked her if she was Niko's Cousin and then you would really find out!

Knee length? I don't think so. I know this is stereotyping at it worst but she didn't strike me as someone who put extra effort into her hair.

I hope you can get a photo. That would be cool to see.

Me too. I can be pretty persistent when I want to so I'm not giving up.

Ooooh, exciting!

It truly was and I hope it doen't turn into a "bigfoot" sighting :grin:.

I hope so too.

OT: So I was standing at another light in the same neighborhood and a woman crossed in front of my car. For a split second I thought it was that girl but this time it was an older woman in her late 50s doing her morning walk. She had waistlength (dred) locks wrapped in cloth.
That's not particulary unusual here but it did strike me because of her age.

DC is such a great city for naturals! Things happen in threes so I may spot another spectacular head of hair this week.

Too ta loo.