Consolidating Products? Ideas On This?

Course24

I've decided on grease my hair on occasion during the winter months in an effort to protect from the winter elements. Looking at all the products I have I also decided to consolidate oil products to satisfy this one purpose. Ex: I have 9 different hair oils and grease around here. So i decided their all good, lets just put them all together and make a MEGA hair oil/grease. So i melted down these products in a container to serve as my personal grease jar. These items include: WGO, Amla, S8, Frenchee,BB Super Gro,Glovers Oint,Aveda Anti humectant, Mizani Curl Wax, & BB's Nu Expressions G.R.O., and 4 drops each of Neem & Shea Oil. Now I can use my jar to serve 1 purpose oiling my hair. I'm thinking of doing this with a

- roller setting spray concoction
- moisturizing (Healthy Ends, BB Moisturizer, S-curl)

What's your thoughts on this? What mixture have you use in an effort to cut down on multiple different products around the house? List your purpose ex: Roller setting, moisturizing, hair oil, MEGA conditioner mix, Clarifying mixture, Pre-poo mixture, etc.

Last edited:

Peachtree

Re: Bumping....

I do the same thing...especially with my oils & conditioners. Usually I'll wait til I have about 1/4 of product left before I begin "consolidating".

For my oils, I'll mix Hot 6, Evoo, grapeseed, castor, avocado, and just about any other oil.

For my conditioners, I'll mix all of my cheapies together (Suave, VO5, Tresemme, White Rain)

Also when my oil & conditioner mixtures get low, I'll mix those two together as well :cool:

(( I use my mixtures as daily moisturizers ))

B

ballet_bun

I recently mixed some oil moisturizers to cut down on space and other reasons. I mixed Kid's Organics Detangling Shea Moisturing Hair Lotion with NTM Silk Leave-in. These 2 products are already fantastic alone, but mixed together they punch my hair with a lot of moisture and slip. I'm loving it so far! I think I will continue to do this.

I mixed Dabur Amla oil with something else a few months ago for my ends and it was great. I just can't remember what I mixed it with now. I think I have to start taking notes again!

oglorious1

Mixologist

I do that all the time, my only problem is that I forget what I put what in, and then when it works really well for me, I want to replicate the mix, I can't remember the ingredients.

toinette

Tricking the president
i did this when my hair was natural. i mixed vaseline, a bunch of conditioners (suave, john frieda frizz ease-the original one in the tube, soem kind of honey moisturizer thing and a safflower oil conditioner). i actually greased and plaited my hair everynight and my hair was the healthiest and thickest and silkiest it ever was. i'm seriously thinkign about going natural again for a while.

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
I've done this with conditioners too. Actually, I tend to do it with conditioners I don't like but I don't want to waste....like this Aussie 3min reconstructor I have sitting in my cabinet. This stuff sucks majorly by itself but tonight, I'm gonna mix it with an equal amount of coconut oil and deep condition with it. I'm sure it will be just fine.