Confess God's Word over your life

HeChangedMyName

Over in another thread, I was thinking, we challenge ourselves to do so much around the board, sometimes we succeed, sometimes we fail. So what if we had a challenge where we COULD NOT FAIL.

Here is a site that list affirmations about who God says we are.

http://bible.org/article/who-does-god-say-i-am

I would like to challenge every Christian on the site to join me in confessing one of these affirmations daily. Each day, I(or anyone who wants to pick the next one off the list, will add the next confirmation.

Let's make this a thirty day challenge. If you plan to help me post, then just post the next affirmation off the list. We can go straight down, that way it wont get confusing. I will make the first post as a template. Let's make it official and start tomorrow.

Each day, make a note of the affirmation for the day and remind yourself as often as possible of the affirmation and the scripture it came from

Last edited:

HeChangedMyName

Day 1
6/23/2010

I am a child of God.

But to all who have received him--those who believe in his name--he has given the right to become God's children … (John 1:12).

BobbieDoll

This is a great thread OP! I wont be able to help with the posting daily because I dont get a chance to log on every day but I will be printing this list to read over. Thanks!

HeChangedMyName

I've decided also, since I'm trying to spend less unproductive wasteful time on facebook to also post each day's confession as my facebook status.

Prudent1

This is a great thread OP! I wont be able to help with the posting daily because I dont get a chance to log on every day but I will be printing this list to read over. Thanks!
ITA with BobbieDoll,
I may not be able to post daily but I always encourage ppl to know who they are in Christ! It is so important. It relieved so much stress when I learned to do this a few years ago!! Thanks for this challenge OP!!

luthiengirlie

Over in another thread, I was thinking, we challenge ourselves to do so much around the board, sometimes we succeed, sometimes we fail. So what if we had a challenge where we COULD NOT FAIL.

Here is a site that list affirmations about who God says we are.

http://bible.org/article/who-does-god-say-i-am

I would like to challenge every Christian on the site to join me in confessing one of these affirmations daily. Each day, I(or anyone who wants to pick the next one off the list, will add the next confirmation.

Let's make this a thirty day challenge. If you plan to help me post, then just post the next affirmation off the list. We can go straight down, that way it wont get confusing. I will make the first post as a template. Let's make it official and start tomorrow.

Each day, make a note of the affirmation for the day and remind yourself as often as possible of the affirmation and the scripture it came from
I"m down for the get down :lachen:

sweetp0105

This is great! I was just speaking to a close friend of mine about this very same concept of speaking God's Word (truth) over your life to combat the lies of the enemy. And now OP, you serve as my confirmation! :clap: Thanks sooo much for this on-time Word and link.

Also, ditto to the posting on facebook as a status.

HeChangedMyName

This is gonna be great. I already feel God moving. I've been meditating on the fact that I am a child of God all day long.

HeChangedMyName

Day 2
6/24/10

I am a branch of the true vine, and a conduit of Christ’s life.

I am the true vine and my Father is the gardener. I am the vine; you are the branches. The one who remains in me--and I in him--bears much fruit, because apart from me you can accomplish nothing (John 15:1, 5).

HeChangedMyName

Day 3
6/25/10

I am a friend of Jesus.

I no longer call you slaves, because the slave does not understand what his master is doing. But I have called you friends, because I have revealed to you everything I heard from my Father (John 15:15).

HeChangedMyName

Day 4
6/26/10(sorry I'm late--the devil meant for me to skip this one. its very important)

I have been justified and redeemed.

But they are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus (Romans 3:24).

HeChangedMyName

Day 5
6/27/10

My old self was crucified with Christ, and I am no longer a slave to sin.

We know that our old man was crucified with him so that the body of sin would no longer dominate us, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sin (Romans 6:6).

HeChangedMyName

Day 6
6/28/10

I will not be condemned by God.

There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:1).

luthiengirlie

Day 6
6/28/10

I will not be condemned by God.

There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:1).

WHOOO YHWH I get it. This is the 5th time You've told me this!!! You are NOT like human males not at all. So I don't have to worry about You condemning me! I accept that You accept me. I receive it. I accept that You love me.
I accept that in You I am MORE THAN ENOUGH because You are in me!! Whoo. Time to work on my self-esteem and start lining up with Your thinking not lawful condemnation thinking. I'm trying to do what You already did in condemning myself to avoid Your wrath..no more. Imma run to Your Love!!!

HeChangedMyName

WHOOO YHWH I get it. This is the 5th time You've told me this!!! You are NOT like human males not at all. So I don't have to worry about You condemning me! I accept that You accept me. I receive it. I accept that You love me.
I accept that in You I am MORE THAN ENOUGH because You are in me!! Whoo. Time to work on my self-esteem and start lining up with Your thinking not lawful condemnation thinking. I'm trying to do what You already did in condemning myself to avoid Your wrath..no more. Imma run to Your Love!!!

Yes!! Yes!!! Yes!!! I struggle with that too sometimes. Man's way of doing things says you have to be condemned, even for the slightest mistake.

HeChangedMyName

Day 7
6/29/10

I have been set free from the law of sin and death.

For the law of the life-giving Spirit in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and death (Romans 8:2).

HeChangedMyName

Day 8
6/30/10

As a child of God, I am a fellow heir with Christ.

And if children, then heirs (namely, heirs of God and also fellow heirs with Christ)--if indeed we suffer with him so we may also be glorified with him (Romans 8:17).

HeChangedMyName

Day 9
7/1/10

I have been accepted by Christ.

Receive one another, then, just as Christ also received you, to God's glory (Romans 15:7).

HeChangedMyName

Day 10
7/2/10

I have been called to be a saint.

… To the church of God that is in Corinth, to those who are sanctified in Christ Jesus, and called to be saints, with all those in every place who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours (1 Corinthians 1:2). (See also Ephesians 1:1, Philippians 1:1, and Colossians 1:2.)

Butterfly08

Subscribing because I need to remind myself to confess God's word. I've been faced with so many lies this past week and my pastor has already said that we should be speaking the word over our situation, even if sometimes that's all we have.

HeChangedMyName

Day 11
7/3/10

In Christ Jesus, I have wisdom, righteousness, sanctification, and redemption.

He is the reason you have a relationship with Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification and redemption … (1 Corinthians 1:30).

HeChangedMyName

Day 12
7/4/10

My body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who dwells in me.

Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you (1 Corinthians 6:19)?

HeChangedMyName

Day 13
7/5/10

I am joined to the Lord and am one spirit with Him.

But the one united with the Lord is one spirit with him (1 Corinthians 6:17).

HeChangedMyName

Just wanted to say that this is definitely working. The devil is mad, I've been being attacked since starting this challenge and really taking the time to put God's opinions of me above my own opinions of me. I KNOW that it ain't nothing but the devil trying to divert my attention. NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

Yall be blessed.

Butterfly08

^^That definitely seems like an attack of the enemy, to get you frustrated and upset and take your focus off of what God called you to do. Good for you for not falling for it!!!

HeChangedMyName

Day 14
7/6/10

God leads me in the triumph and knowledge of Christ.

But thanks be to God who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and who makes known through us the fragrance that consists of the knowledge of him in every place (2 Corinthians 2:14).

HeChangedMyName

Day 15
7/7/10

The hardening of my mind has been removed in Christ.

But their minds were closed. For to this very day, the same veil remains when they hear the old covenant read. It has not been removed because only in Christ is it taken away (2 Corinthians 3:14).

Last edited:

HeChangedMyName

Day 16
7/8/10

I am a new creature in Christ.

So then, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; what is old has passed away--look, what is new has come (2 Corinthians 5:17)!