Colourshines over highlights?

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL
Is it okay to use Colorshines or the jazzing over highlights? I don't think I want to get my hair highlighted anymore.. it seems to be too drying which is weird because when I was relaxed my hair was never dry..but anyway.. so I was wondering if I could do a rinse over the highlights so that my roots don't look so much darker than the rest of my hair.. my highlights are like a honey blonde I think..and it looks more like an overall color because the lady who highlights my hair still uses the cap and not the foil.. So could I have her start doing a colourshines instead? Anyone have a clue?? Anyone know of a good color to use? I personally like lighter hair on me than darker.. so maybe like a caramel color? Any suggestions?? How long does colourshines last? If it doesn't last that long.. should I try something else instead??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!:)

Sistaslick

well, I did colourshines (black orchid) over my old highlights and it turned them kinda greenish :look: The bluish ink did. I don't know if it was just me but thats what happened.:lol: The green color wasn't obvious or anything to anyone, but I could still see a few green strands myself. :lol: Maybe if you don't go as dark as the black orchid and try some other color, you'd be better off. But that blue ink and highlights don't mix:lol: You did say you like lighter colors-- so that shouldn't be a worry. :) I think I am going to try a lighter color next go round myself.

I think the length of time they last on your hair depend on your own frequency of hair washing. For me, my rinse lasted maybe 2-3 weeks. I wash every 3 days.

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL
Sorry about your little "luck of the irish" problem..:lol: Good thing that no one else will notice it.. I do like lighter colors.. where did you buy yours from? Online or do they have it in stores?

I CW everyday.. so do you think it will only last a couple of weeks?? I don't want to have to keep buying a bottle every 3 weeks.. that could get expensive right? Are permanent colors drying??

Thanks for the help...let me know what color you go with next!

SweetCaramel1 put a rinse over her highlights. It looks nice. There's a couple of pics in her relaxer update thread.