My Mama Told Me my Hair is GREEN!

MissYocairis

:eek: Y'all know mama don't lie. We were standing in the bright, bright lights of Wal-Mart and she said, "CBC, honey, your hair is green. It matches your necklace perfectly." :(

QUESTION: I originally had permanent goldish brown highlights put in over a year ago. To maintain that, without the chemical damage, I've been using a rinse. I just started using Sebastian Colourshines Golden Walnut to touch up my highlights. Well, once I started going swimming this summer, those highlights in the front turned "YELLOW" and, now, apparently, "GREEN". Any suggestions? *Please Help!*

RainbowCurls

Apparently.... tomato ketchep gets rid of green in (unnatural) blonde hair, so it would probably work with highlights. I don't know how long you leave it on for though.

amm1030

Hi CBC! It's such a coincidence that you posted this today because I just found out about a "yellow out" and "green out" shampoo. My friend's mom has gray/white hair and every time she gets a relaxer, she has to use this shampoo because her hair turns a yellowish green color. The weird color you are talking about is caused by chemicals in relaxers,(In her case), and any other chemicals that might be applied to your hair. (In your case, the dye) I found a few links to two of these shampoos but I know there are more at the BSS. She got hers at Sally's. The links are below. Hope it helps! :)

http://www.sheldeez.com/webcart10/zoom.php?SKU=SHL741
http://www.adiscountbeauty.com/page381.html

MissYocairis

amm1030 said:
Hi CBC! It's such a coincidence that you posted this today because I just found out about a "yellow out" and "green out" shampoo. My friend's mom has gray/white hair and every time she gets a relaxer, she has to use this shampoo because her hair turns a yellowish green color. The weird color you are talking about is caused by chemicals in relaxers,(In her case), and any other chemicals that might be applied to your hair. (In your case, the dye) I found a few links to two of these shampoos but I know there are more at the BSS. She got hers at Sally's. The links are below. Hope it helps! :)

http://www.sheldeez.com/webcart10/zoom.php?SKU=SHL741
http://www.adiscountbeauty.com/page381.html

Ohhh Amm! THANK YOU! I am running out to Sally's THIS morning! I thought I was going to have to just put a brown rinse over all of my highlights and just be wearing brown from now on! :look:

MissYocairis

PerfectDoak said:
Apparently.... tomato ketchep gets rid of green in (unnatural) blonde hair, so it would probably work with highlights. I don't know how long you leave it on for though.

Hi Perfect. Thank you for that tip. I will try the poo's Amm suggested first. If that doesn't work, believe me, I am NOT above throwing a little ketchup on the problem! :D

amm1030

CantBeCopied said:
Ohhh Amm! THANK YOU! I am running out to Sally's THIS morning! I thought I was going to have to just put a brown rinse over all of my highlights and just be wearing brown from now on! :look:

You're welcome CBC! Let me know if it works or not.

MissYocairis

amm1030 said:
You're welcome CBC! Let me know if it works or not.

It worked I think. It appears to have worked. The highlights lost the green tinge but seem "YELLOW" rather than "GOLD". ;o/ My problem is, I don't like the shampoo that much. I am afraid it's not gentle. (not sure, just a feeling) I like to swim for excercise at least twice a week. I ran across an article in a mag about using suave professional's clarifying poo to also take greenish tint out that comes from chlorine in the pool. This is when my green showed up, once I started swimming. So, I'm thinking, I'll alternate and do some really deep conditioning in between. I will have to come up w/a hair color solution though because I don't want to poo my hair this much per week. I may just cover all the highights with a dark brown and be done with it. Thanks again for your input. :(