Color/Highlights Question

Nsslovely

I'm confused, after hair is lightened w/foil and the stylist adds a semiperm color to the hair to either darken or acheive a specific color(for instance red highlights, you would lighten or bleach sections first then deposit the red color), how do they avoid getting the color onto the rest of the hair the hair that wasn't lightened?

Sometimes the semi-permanent will only stick to or deposit color to hair that has been previously color treated. For example, when I colored my hair last year, I colored ALL of it (my whole head). I previously had highlights (during that summer), so the color only made the highlights lighter. When I put a semi-permanent color (a rinse) on my hair to acheive the color I desired, it attached, and still does I might add, to my hair that has been previously colored, however, it doesn't show up too well, if at all, on my natural hair color. HTH.

Lovelylocs said:
Is the color going to stay forever, lovelymissyoli?

If you are referring to the semi-permanent, no, it won't. :) It usually washes out in 4-8 shampoos. These are great for those who want a good conditioning treatment, but also love to spice up their haircolor every now and then.

Back