Color Gurus: Questions About Hair Color Remover

moneychaser

Re: Color Gurus: Questions About Hair Color Remover

[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
Okay, that makes sense Den.

I think I may try Sun Bronze next time or Coppertone.

[/ QUOTE ]
I will find out for sure, because I decided to go to the stylist that put the color in originally
I am going to let her style my hair a few weeks prior, so it isn't any hard feelings

aprilbiz

Okay...this is my question... what is worse for your hair, the bleach or the developer(peroxide)? Or are they equal. I'm still sitting here like a bumble bee because I am fighting the urge to get some of that 40 vol.

I will say that when I lost my hair the first time it was because I permed my hair after a bleach job (lost all my hair). The second time it was due to lack of moisturizing conditioning and it was just damaged. I had to cut off about 4-5 inches. Mind you I used heat(curling irons/flats) on my hair everyday.

I don't use curling irons or flat irons anymore, and I usually airdry (except for the last 10-20 minutes) of a wrap. I mainly do braidouts now.

I might just do a blonde weave instead.... I'm so indecisive!

aprilbiz

Well... My compulsive behavior strikes again. I just purchased the following items at the BBS:

Torrids Platinum Lightening (had one already, bought another)
Clairol Pure White 40 volume
and Miss Clairol Light Neutral Brown (84N) - Neutral base/Level 4.

I havne't a clue as to what this will do if anything, but what I want is light brown hair that I can put blonde highlights in.

I forgot to get some drabber. The next post I make might be that I'm now going natural!

Karonica

Lemme know what happens. Next week, I may get some streaks added in the center of my hair, because it's still too dark for my taste.

Karonica

So, is the Torrid Lightener considered bleach? I'm still clueless on the bleach issue. All I know is that mine is bleached too.

aprilbiz

You know I'm all confused too. I don't think it's a bleach. It comes in a bottle like the other Clairol hair colors. Maybe it's considered just as strong. It says Torrids Brilliant Color 001B Level 10/Base Blue 5 Levels of lift on the bottle. It also says to mix it with 40 volume.

I'll keep you posted.

Karonica

Thanks for looking out.
It's good to know there are other daredevils around here.