Coffee for Hair Growth!

AtlantaJJ

I want this for Christmas!! I might have to Santa Clause myself:

Coffee plants are native to the tropical regions of South America, Asia and Africa. The plant is a small shrub that typically reaches 3-4 meters in height. The seeds of the coffee plant are commonly referred to as beans. Roasting coffee beans changes the chemical and aromatic composition of the beans.

Roasted coffee oil, Coffea arabica, is rich in phytosterols that promote excellent moisture retention, quick penetration and good adherence within cosmetic applications. It is also exceptionally high in its composition of essential fatty acids.
Properties:
  • Highly Moisturizing
  • Light to Medium Texture
  • Quick Absorption
  • Herbaceous Aroma
  • High in Essential Fatty Acids
    • Palmitic Acid:40.0%
    • Linoleic Acid: 38.0%
    • Estearic Acid: 8.0%
    • Oleic Acid: 8.0%
    • Linolenic Acid: 2.0%
    • Behenic Acid: 1.0%
    • Palmitoleic Acid: 0.4%
  • Rich in Sterols
    • Beta-Sitosterol: 43.8%
    • Stigmasterol: 22.6%
    • Campesterol: 14.4%
    • Delta 7 Stigmasterol: 4.5%
    • Delta 5 Avenasterol: 3.7%
Roasted coffee oil is a highly recommended ingredient in products for:
  • Mature, Aging Skin
  • Dry, Cracked Skin
  • Eczema, Psoriasis and Other Skin Conditions
  • Dry, Brittle and Damaged Hair
  • Lip Care
Origin:BrazilINCI Nomenclature:Coffea ArabicaExtraction Method:Centrifuged, Cold Pressed from Roasted Beans

I need this on multiple levels...it ain't cheap but I can use it to whip up my own products

ETA: I saw the price :thud:
They have roasted coffee oil and green coffee oil (I think we said green coffee had a higher caffeine content)

Last edited:

Lucky's Mom

I want this for Christmas!! I might have to Santa Clause myself:

Coffee plants are native to the tropical regions of South America, Asia and Africa. The plant is a small shrub that typically reaches 3-4 meters in height. The seeds of the coffee plant are commonly referred to as beans. Roasting coffee beans changes the chemical and aromatic composition of the beans.

Roasted coffee oil, Coffea arabica, is rich in phytosterols that promote excellent moisture retention, quick penetration and good adherence within cosmetic applications. It is also exceptionally high in its composition of essential fatty acids.

Properties:
  • Highly Moisturizing
  • Light to Medium Texture
  • Quick Absorption
  • Herbaceous Aroma
  • High in Essential Fatty Acids
    • Palmitic Acid:40.0%
    • Linoleic Acid: 38.0%
    • Estearic Acid: 8.0%
    • Oleic Acid: 8.0%
    • Linolenic Acid: 2.0%
    • Behenic Acid: 1.0%
    • Palmitoleic Acid: 0.4%
  • Rich in Sterols
    • Beta-Sitosterol: 43.8%
    • Stigmasterol: 22.6%
    • Campesterol: 14.4%
    • Delta 7 Stigmasterol: 4.5%
    • Delta 5 Avenasterol: 3.7%
Roasted coffee oil is a highly recommended ingredient in products for:
  • Mature, Aging Skin
  • Dry, Cracked Skin
  • Eczema, Psoriasis and Other Skin Conditions
  • Dry, Brittle and Damaged Hair
  • Lip Care
Origin:BrazilINCI Nomenclature:Coffea ArabicaExtraction Method:Centrifuged, Cold Pressed from Roasted Beans

I need this on multiple levels...it ain't cheap but I can use it to whip up my own products

They have roasted coffee oil and green coffee oil (I think we said green coffee had a higher caffeine content)

:lachen:Girl - Go get you a coffee maker and get some Folgers ( Heck, you can SPLURGE on Starbucks!):lachen:

JustKiya

:thud: Indeed!! 13 bucks for 1/2 OUNCE!?!?! FNWL is known to be high sometimes - should check out camden grey/lotioncrafters/MountainRose Herbs, too....

ETA: I'm checking out some sites...

Last edited:

JustKiya

Hrmph. None of the other places that I have bookmarked have pure coffee oil - a couple have the coffee butter, but that's mixed with the veggie oil.

I'll keep looking, though.

Danggone it! AtlantaJJ, we might be out of luck.

Coffee butter is a semi-soft, light brown colored butter with a strong aroma of coffee and is similar in properties to the coffee oil. It does not have caffeine in it as caffeine is a water soluble component of the bean but the aroma is of pure coffee!

That makes me think that my coffee butter might be lovely coffee smelling, but not have any actual caffeine. Hrmph!!!!

AtlantaJJ

:lachen:Girl - Go get you a coffee maker and get some Folgers ( Heck, you can SPLURGE on Starbucks!):lachen:
See what I'm saying. I thought it was a brilliant idea until I saw the price, now I'm back to the pot of coffee again!
:thud: Indeed!! 13 bucks for 1/2 OUNCE!?!?! FNWL is known to be high sometimes - should check out camden grey/lotioncrafters/MountainRose Herbs, too....

ETA: I'm checking out some sites...

The Butter sounds nice but GoodGracious!! Folgers sounds great right about now~

Hrmph. None of the other places that I have bookmarked have pure coffee oil - a couple have the coffee butter, but that's mixed with the veggie oil.

I'll keep looking, though.

Danggone it! AtlantaJJ, we might be out of luck.

That makes me think that my coffee butter might be lovely coffee smelling, but not have any actual caffeine. Hrmph!!!!

You are right about it not having caffeine, because it's processed out as it is a water soluable <sp> ingredient so that kills that idea all the way around....

I can just do the rinses at wash time, I'm sure that will be benefical.

NinasLongAmbition

My Aunt did that for me when I was younger. She trimmed my ends and did the coffee with JBCO thing. My mom forbade it after she found out my aunt was mixing up the concoction to put in my hair. (Mom has the belief that your hair is linked to your brain and people can take things away from you if you let them touch your hair) She did it a few times. There was no doubt it worked. My hair grew like weeds. I was natural then. hmmmm I guess she was onto something. My aunt always had bsl hair and thick too. need to call my aunt in Canada. All I remember was her boiling coffee grounds.
Are you haitian? This sounds like something my mom would say.

Ltown

Greyland
No, I'm not just curious that what I have on hand right now. I'm relax in transtioning 10 weeks post.

Ltown

Greyland
Thanks Justkiya, it should not matter since the benefit from coffee is the caffeine not the flavor:lachen:

VirtuousGal

Just had to say this most definitely works. I have been doing this for about a month now and when I tell you minimal shedding, its no joke. My hair has a brownish hue now, not sure if I'm in love with that part though.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Washed today, used Megatek for a few days (which i've had shedding issues in the past with), have been using coffee oil/spray...well, i had very little hair to shed, and my hair was a dream to detangle...wait, let me restate that, my hair was not tangled at all....and i'm transitioning! This is truly some good stuff~for the price of a cup of coffee...why hadn't i heard about this sooner?!?

I saw that in the BSS, and just went :nono: over the fact that the first two ingredients are water and silicone. Hrumph.
And what's up with the Nicotinates? Derivatives of nicotine?

Nicotinate is not a derivate of nicotine. It's a derivative of Niacin (Vitamin B3)

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I tried it with tea and this is definately a keeper. I only had 3 strands in the comb. I think I am going to do it once every 2wks.

How often is every1 rinsing with the tea?

JuicesN'Berries

Washed today, used Megatek for a few days (which i've had shedding issues in the past with), have been using coffee oil/spray...well, i had very little hair to shed, and my hair was a dream to detangle...wait, let me restate that, my hair was not tangled at all....and i'm transitioning! This is truly some good stuff~for the price of a cup of coffee...why hadn't i heard about this sooner?!?

Yeah I'm on the same reggie as you with the exception of the oil in my coffee mixture.....but yeah the coffee spray is definitly a keeper...After I wash, I DC with megatek for about thirty minutes...then I DC with Coffee Spray and Silk Elements moisture treatment....

and Man o' Man my hair comes out so nice, hardly any shedding.....but with a whole bunch of shine!!!

BTW I have been using megatek for a little over a week...and I have had no shedding...and I use it every day sometimes twice a day!

AtlantaJJ

:arrowup: That's what I can do, I can put some coffee in a spray bottle because the pour over the head method was kind of messy :look: D'oh!

ETA: I think I'll shake it up with some jojoba oil.

Can someone point me to a good tutorial on how to do infusions? I'm such a dope when it comes to those things.

luckiestdestiny

Are any of you ladies using this while in braids? If so how and how often. TIA!
I am right now, but it's tea not coffee. I use it every time I wash and have put together a spray for my scalp that I'll be using twice a week too. I shampoo once a week Right now my hair is in cornrows so I don't have to deal with it!

Lucky's Mom

Meh. I found out that caffeine is only water soluble, so I stopped using it. :lol:

So - a simple cup 'o joe is best......................

here is a tip.... Buy espresso roast...... And brew STRONG coffee....:yep:

:hiya: Kiya!!! God's Blessings to you for Christmas!

Auburn

Im thinking about doing a tea/ACV/ aloe vera rinse and letting it sit on my hair for some time. :scratchch

girlcherokee

Meh. I found out that caffeine is only water soluble, so I stopped using it. :lol:
i steeped some of this in some coconut oil and put it on my and dd's head one night as a prepoo - thought it wouldnt effect us since the coffee doesnt(effect us), but i was WRONG!! we were up ALL NIGHT - and i mean ALL NIGHT. so i have to beg to differ or atlease say that even if it is only water soluble, that does not stop it from being absorbed in the scalp, in fact, it gets in way more stronger than it does with a cup of coffee. i did the prepoo again the other day - IN THE MORNING THIS TIME THOUGH - and got an instant pep. no kidding. also this is very moisturizing to the hair, instant slip.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

i steeped some of this in some coconut oil and put it on my and dd's head one night as a prepoo - thought it wouldnt effect us since the coffee doesnt(effect us), but i was WRONG!! we were up ALL NIGHT - and i mean ALL NIGHT. so i have to beg to differ or atlease say that even if it is only water soluble, that does not stop it from being absorbed in the scalp, in fact, it gets in way more stronger than it does with a cup of coffee. i did the prepoo again the other day - IN THE MORNING THIS TIME THOUGH - and got an instant pep. no kidding. also this is very moisturizing to the hair, instant slip.
I second this. I feel the *kick* with the coffee oil that i made, and it feels more intense than the coffee i sprayed in my hair...so it is definitely penetrating...i'm no scientist, but i can feel the difference...so does my hair. the detangling properties are a-may-zing...

Aggie

Hmmm, looks like I'm a little late with this one...:grin:. Now I gatta go read all these pages:spinning::rolleyes:. Anyhoo, might as well get to it...:yep:.