Coffee for Hair Growth!

luckiestdestiny

Well, I just tried it tonight. I did a cw, and then the coffee rinse. I'm having a lot of shedding, so hopefully this will help. We'll see!

ETA: Here are some different ways of doing the coffee rinse, that I got off of the Chagrin Valley website. http://chagrinvalleysoapandcraft.com/coffeerinse.htm

Let us know. I just washed last night and I didn't see any hairs. I'm sure there were probably one or two that fell (shed) but I didn't see anything in my comb!

Irresistible

:lachen: yeah girl , I wish so much it would grow some more to make up for the shrinkage, so I could wear it in one long braid-the way I picture it in my mind-dont know if I will ever get there, but I'm still trying:grin:
Girl, your hair is long now as it is!!! :lachen:

You wanna have hair to the floor for real, dontcha? :lachen:

Irresistible

:think: :think: :think:

see it all looks like my hair is long in my siggy and it is only when its freshly done-like that-but then it shrinks and shrinks and shrinks, that pony ends up big and fat and falls to only below my shoulders-between the blades later. I want to get to the point where with shrinkage-its still reaching somewhere past my bra-to waist, if thats even possible :look:

but I'm thinking 'for me' I could do this more as an occasional treatment instead of frequently with less concerns/worries , and every body knows I'm a worry wart over things at times, especially things I feel are legit to worry over-I like to play it safe, but I think this would be just fine as an occasional treatment for me, so I'm not all the way out on this one :clap:

Last edited:

Irresistible

I personally suggest using coffee grounds that have been steeped in an oil (I used olive oil) for at least 4 hours, straining the oil, then massaging that into your scalp. After may be 20 minutes, especially with a baggy on, I think you'd feel the tingle for sure. It feels really great.

When I do it , this is how I'm gonna do it-steeped in oil

thank you for that suggestion, for me I think it would be the best way

doing it like Justkiya said in a stocking.......you ladies always come up with ingenious ideas :yep:

Irresistible

who uses bacon fat and Lard. I wanna Know...and BUTTER? I got the Molasses and Honey for softening, and baking soda for clarifying...break it down for me. I got the eggs for protein, but what's up with the bacon fat and Lard. Hypocrite that I am, I am appalled! (As I mix together my coffee):spinning:

Ghee is pretty popular around here , or used to be, we still have some faithful users, I think its considered to be a butter/lard type of thing

lots of good reports on it from the ladies that use it:yep:

After two weeks, here was my growth using only my coffee oil and straight up coffee spray in my hair.

I realize my instant coffee is from an organic company, which is good, thank goodness! It might not have any detrimental additives.

Starting

Ending

Unfortunately, doesn't look all that amazing to me, BUT, like I've been saying, I think coffee has had a good effect on the color and health of my hair.

Please check my Fotki, the Coffee album, for more pics!

luckiestdestiny

After two weeks, here was my growth using only my coffee oil and straight up coffee spray in my hair.

I realize my instant coffee is from an organic company, which is good, thank goodness! It might not have any detrimental additives.

Starting

Ending

Unfortunately, doesn't look all that amazing to me, BUT, like I've been saying, I think coffee has had a good effect on the color and health of my hair.

Please check my Fotki, the Coffee album, for more pics!
I'm sure it's probably a cumulative effect. Either way, extending your growth cyle 37 percent is bound to give you more hair by the end of the year. That's more time for your hair to grow during the year in the long term, so it's def worth it. I do see a little growth. Please check in with us at the end of the month!

Pooks

Hi ladies

I have been doing this for about 2 weeks, but my hair has been in braids (on own hair). I applied after DC with HSR, and experienced an 'open' feeling on my scalp during the half hr I had it in my hair (with plastic cap), and hair feels stronger somehow. It also kept me awake when I did it too close to bedtime!

I will be taking my hair down these tiny braids over the weekend, and I'll report back soon.

luckiestdestiny

This thread is getting huge. It's good to see that others are trying out this too! I hope everyone reports in a month after using it, or so.

DarkHair

RESULTS:

I've made this into my weekly regimen. I'm currently 7 weeks post relaxer. I got some Folgers dark roast and brewed a tblspn of that with some Espresso. I did the 2 min reconstructor, coffee rinse, and deep condition. I didn't feel like rollersetting at 1am so I just sat under the dryer. I flat-ironed my hair and it feels so good. Not fresh relaxer good, but close. My scalp felt like a bunch of little men were dancing on it all night :D

Choklatekiss79

Since I'm now using bentonite clay to "wash" my hair. I think I'm going to use my tea brew (nettle, black cohosh, peppermint, and horsetail) to mix the clay (instead of plain water). That way I can kill two birds with one stone. I'll let you let you all know how it works out.

BrooklynSouth

:think: :think: :think:

see it all looks like my hair is long in my siggy and it is only when its freshly done-like that-but then it shrinks and shrinks and shrinks, that pony ends up big and fat and falls to only below my shoulders-between the blades later. I want to get to the point where with shrinkage-its still reaching somewhere past my bra-to waist, if thats even possible :look:

but I'm thinking 'for me' I could do this more as an occasional treatment instead of frequently with less concerns/worries , and every body knows I'm a worry wart over things at times, especially things I feel are legit to worry over-I like to play it safe, but I think this would be just fine as an occasional treatment for me, so I'm not all the way out on this one :clap:

Yes, we know you are but IT'S A GOOD THING:yep:!! Don't ever change.

JustKiya

I did a rinse with a cup of coffee last night - no tingling, though I did feel a little lightheaded (but that might have been because I didn't eat all day, either) afterwards. I'm about to work on my oil, now.

AtlantaJJ

RESULTS:

I've made this into my weekly regimen. I'm currently 7 weeks post relaxer. I got some Folgers dark roast and brewed a tblspn of that with some Espresso. I did the 2 min reconstructor, coffee rinse, and deep condition. I didn't feel like rollersetting at 1am so I just sat under the dryer. I flat-ironed my hair and it feels so good. Not fresh relaxer good, but close. My scalp felt like a bunch of little men were dancing on it all night :D

How long are you all leaving the rinse on? I'm going to do a rinse before my DC this evening....oh wait I better not do it too late...it might keep me up late :coffee:

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

I made my coffee oil---I added jojoba, olive and safflower oil about 6oz worth to 2 tblspns of coffee and 1 tblspn of maka powder....i let it brew in a crockpot of water for 6 hours....strained and added to a pointy-nose container...it felt nice, smells "coffee-ish." I had to make this for times when my hair is straightened. I hope i get great results.

JustKiya

I made my coffee oil---I added jojoba, olive and safflower oil about 6oz worth to 2 tblspns of coffee and 1 tblspn of maka powder....i let it brew in a crockpot of water for 6 hours....strained and added to a pointy-nose container...it felt nice, smells "coffee-ish." I had to make this for times when my hair is straightened. I hope i get great results.

I made my coffee butter over the weekend, too. Red Palm Butter, cocoa butter, mango butter, coconut oil and some jojoba oil, with three coffee packets (the pod type ones that go in the single serving coffee maker), and I let that bubble on a double boiler for about 2.5 hours.
It smells nicely of coffee, and I think I'll apply it right before my MT. :yep: Now I jsut need to find a small container that's actually empty to store it in. :rolleyes:

Irresistible

I have mine ready to go

with Brewed Tea in water mixed with Olive Oil and Honey

I'm only going to do this once a week or every other and after this time I will use Coffee, I want the darkest color possible for the rinse, this one is dark brown, I want it black

I will do mine later today

DarkHair

what she asked. I don't have a coffee maker :ohwell:

I boil a pot of water. I also have a measuring cup with a paper towel (or the big brewing papers)across the top with a small dip in it. I put a couple of spoon fulls in the dip. After the water gets boiling hot, I take my turkey baster and drip it on top of the grounds. This way, it doesn't go in too fast (drip coffee) and I get two cups of coffee.

I let that cool down to room temp or body temp and then go through the process.