Coffee Butter

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Ok, I got this butter from camdengrey. I couldn't resist. It was their description that got me.....read this.....

Whiff. Noun. 1. A brief, passing odor carried in the air: a whiff of perfume. We wish we could describe this butter as "just a whiff of coffee", but we can’t. The aroma of this coffee bean butter is absolutely and irrefutably intoxicating!! You just can’t get enough. You open the jar, you smell it, you put it down, you pick it up again, you smell it, you apply some to your skin. And you do it again and again.....as long as the jar is anywhere near, you’ll continue with this exercise.

This soft and luscious easily spreadable coffee butter is pure nirvana for the body and the senses. Use as is or make it a part of your recipe. May be used in cosmetics, toiletries, soaps, massage oils, balms, hair care and sun care preparations. Enjoy!

This stuff stank!! It smells like cigarette butt dipped in strong coffee:barf:! I was so expecting something wonderful but in the back of my mind I knew this would happen.

Has anyone tried this? I wonder how do I use it?

I know when I do go to use it someone will probably think my head caught on fire:burning:.

Everything else I got was great quality products at cheap prices so nothing against this site. Customer service was excellent! They even sent me some samples.

AfroKink

I have some. Mine is a runny mess and has been sitting in my cupboard for a year:yawn:. It smells kinda like chocolate to me. I want to mix it with cocoa butter for a summer body lotion.

Lys

fluffylocks

:lachen::lachen::lachen:You really got me in the moment witht this stuff, i was waiting for you to say it was just wonderfull and smelled 10x better than they could have ever described LOL

I've never used it and wouldnt know how to use it LOL, so bump for more replies on that....Looks like an exfoliater but i see its just a butter....Maybe you can use it on wet hair or skin, the smell will go away more after that LOL

Im going to check the sight out though never heard of it.

adw425

I got my coffee butter from soaper supplies plus well over a year ago and it smelled wonderful. I wound up creating a a super butter with muru-muru and capuaca, so I lost alot of the coffee smell, but it is a super butter.

sareca

Mine came from camdengrey and it smells like a strong mocha or latte. I love it.
Maybe you got a bad batch. :confused:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
:lachen::lachen::lachen:You really got me in the moment witht this stuff, i was waiting for you to say it was just wonderfull and smelled 10x better than they could have ever described LOL

I've never used it and wouldnt know how to use it LOL, so bump for more replies on that....Looks like an exfoliater but i see its just a butter....Maybe you can use it on wet hair or skin, the smell will go away more after that LOL

Im going to check the sight out though never heard of it.
Yeah, do check out the site.....it's great and they have everything.....good prices too.

I wish it smelled good. I have no idea why I got it.....I don't even like the smell of coffee:ohwell:. That description just pulled me in.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Mine came from camdengrey and it smells like a strong mocha or latte. I love it.
Maybe you got a bad batch. :confused:
I think it's just me. I will stirr it up and smell it again. I got some yummy hazelnut flavor oil that I can add to it if I have to.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I have some. Mine is a runny mess and has been sitting in my cupboard for a year:yawn:. It smells kinda like chocolate to me. I want to mix it with cocoa butter for a summer body lotion.

Lys
Mine is runny too:perplexed.

I wonder if I can use it on my face? I have a scrub I make from coffee grounds and I have wonderful results from that.

CenteredGirl

Hey Poka,

What a major dissapointment:sad: I have ordered from CG before and concur with the quality of their "other"products and customer service.

That's really too bad... The marketing was deceiving. Thanks for the heads up!

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Ok, I stirred it up and whiffed it again.....put some on my hands.....still smoke. Oh well.....my other stuff is great.....I'll just add some fragrance oil to this.

4mia

i bought it, i haent used it because the smell kind of overwhelmed me. they sent me a sample of madeamiem nut butter, iuse that as a face moisturizer. I order from camden also. thats where i got my afican palm butter

DivaD04

i'm not a smoker n i can't stand the way ciggs smell... Pokahontas you know my ojon oil smells the same way 2 da tee...but i'd just apply curls whipped cream or ojon co on my hair and the scent settles for me.

what about Coffee Bean Butter from fnwl?

Last edited:

Jynkx

Yeah, do check out the site.....it's great and they have everything.....good prices too.

I wish it smelled good. I have no idea why I got it.....I don't even like the smell of coffee:ohwell:. That description just pulled me in.

sorry that happened pokahontas. thats why i hate ordering stuff online. i need to inspect everything.....lol

Last edited:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
i'm not a smoker n i can't stand the way ciggs smell... Pokahontas you know my ojon oil smells the same way 2 da tee...but i'd just apply curls whipped cream or ojon co on my hair and the scent settles for me.

what about Coffee Bean Butter from fnwl?
Really, dang.....and that Ojon stuff is high too!

PeggyFair

Really? I had planned on buying some coffee butter for the summer and mixing it with my coconut oil and shea butter. I'm shocked, I thought it would smell good.

Aggie

I just got some coffee butter from newdirectionsaromatics.com and will be using it on my skin but only on troubled fatty areas since I hear coffee is great for cellulite :lol:.

I think if I mix some cocoa butter and murumuru butter in it, I should be able to use it sparingly on my hair. It does have a strong coffee scent too but it's not stanky. I'll also experiment with some essential oils and see what scent I can come up with.

Aggie

I just got some coffee butter from www.newdirectionsaromatics.com and will be using it on my skin but only on troubled fatty areas since I hear coffee is great for cellulite :lol:.

I think if I mix some cocoa butter and murumuru butter in it, I should be able to use it sparingly on my hair. It does have a strong coffee scent too but it's not stanky. I'll also experiment with some essential oils and see what scent I can come up with.

Okay I finally did my mix of butters and here's what I came up with:

2 oz coffee butter
1.5 oz cocoa butter
1 oz murumuru butter
1 oz tucuma butter
1 oz avocado butter
10 drops each of vetiver, patchouli, ylang ylang essential oils, and pumpkin patch fragrant oil.

I mixed it all together and got the perfect smelling butter for my hair.

This is a small batch I made to see if I like it. I do like it a lot and when it's all done I can make a larger batch - about 16-20 ounces at a time so I don't have to be mixing it up too often. By the way, I have a lot of natural butters that I can mix and match as I please so I may add hemp seed and cupuacu butters to my next batch.