Coffee and/or Tea Rinse Challenge 2012

Marino

:wave:
Yesterday I made a strong tea with rain water, plenty of hibiscus flower, tea-tea, rosemary and nettle. I used it to prepare my henna, and with the left over I made my final rinse and did'nt rinse that rinse, left it on the scalp and hair...

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
I'm in!!! I do a tea rinse every wash day.

My brew is my own mix that I do with Lipton Tea, nettle, horsetail, peppermint oil, neem oil.
I also do the occaisonal moisturising tea with chammomile and burdock root.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
bajandoc86

Glad to have you. Your blend sounds very good.:grin:

I had a really nice blend this summer I got from Ltown. It was Moringa Tea.

Gurl...You talmbout "SHINE" Hair was Blingin'.:lol:

I may go back to Moringa Rinses this Summer.:lick:

hair4today

Ladies, I am so excited and I just can't hide it. :spinning: I am here to confirm that black tea rinse is the bomb...it really works to control shedding :yep: I experienced mega shedding after using Wen Fig Condition Cleanser a few weeks ago. The shed hairs were tangling really badly and causing a lot of breakage so I decided to incorporate black tea rinse for the first time last week and it instantly reduced the shedding. This week I needed to henna and I was nervous that I would have a set-back. Didn't happen. Today I used 4 Orange Pekoe tea bags, 1 horsetail teabag and 1 nettle teabag brewed in 4 cups of water. The tea sat overnight and next day I added 1 oz of Shi-naturals black tea rinse plus 3 to 4 drops each of peppermint, lemongrass and rosemary EO. After shampoo, henna and co-washing, I applied the tea rinse and left on for 30 minutes under a plastic cap. I then layered my Crece Pelo DC on top and steamed both the rinse and DC for another 30 minutes. My hair came out soooo soft and moist but most important of all I could literally count the number of sheds I had post wash after all that manipulation -- about 4 to 5 only rather than the palmful I was getting before :yay: I'm sold, tea rinses, especially black rinse will become a permanent part of my haircare regimen.

faithVA

I'm in. Not going to do anything special. I have some Nice tea that is lousy for drinking so going to use it for my hair. I also have some black tea in a box which I have had for years. So not going to drink it. It will be great for my hair.

I just need to figure out how I want to use it when I DC on dry hair. I definitely want to do this weekly. And this challenge will help me remember to include this in my regimen.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Welcome :blowkiss:

to All the Tea Rinsers, Tea Spritzers, Coffee Rinsers, Coffee Oil users!

I'm getting some really Great Ideas!

Glad you're all Here!:yep:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I may try to make a Coffee Oil in my Small Crockpot (for Potorurri) sp.

I'll buy some whole beans and put them in there with some EVOO for several hours and put into pointy tipped bottles.

Maybe this weekend.

beautyaddict1913

IDareT'sHair, thanks for the tag, i tea rinse about twice a month.
Here is what i use:
Hibiscus
Amla
Black pearl tea
Horse tail
Burdock
Nettle
Brahmi
Maka
Peppermint

I sometime make a spritz and add eo, aloe vera gel.

Yum Ltown. Where do u get these fabulous teas?

I'm excited about this challenge! I will do a black tea rinse with Lipton black pearl or earl grey once per month. I will spritz a few times a week with Njoi's tea spritz. I will also use Anita Grant creamy caffe latte, Hairveda green tea butter, and Njoi green tea cream.

greenandchic

Yum Ltown. Where do u get these fabulous teas?

I'm excited about this challenge! I will do a black tea rinse with Lipton black pearl or earl grey once per month. I will spritz a few times a week with Njoi's tea spritz. I will also use Anita Grant creamy caffe latte, Hairveda green tea butter, and Njoi green tea cream.

Not Ltown, but I get my Hibiscus, burdock, nettle, horse tail, peppermint and other western herbs from my local co-op in bulk. The Ayurvedic herbs comes from a local Indian shop or online at Hennasooq and AyurNatural Beauty.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Brewing up a roobios/nettle/black tea combo for later tonight. I'll probably add peppermint, rosemary and tea tree essential oils to the mix. I'll use this pre-DC.

Ltown

Greyland
Yum @Ltown. Where do u get these fabulous teas?

beautyaddict1913, I got my horsetail, burdock, nettle from vitacost, regular drinking teas but very cheap. I got the ayurveda powders
from ayurvedanatural.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Brownie518

Lawd...I was just thinking the same thing!:blush: *pinches Ms. B*:lol:

Next Leg, I will Add ACV Rinses into the Title of the Thread to Cover: Coffee/Tea/ACV Rinses.

faithVA

Decided to spray my dry hair with the tea rinse. Then I DCd with the AO GPB. Don't know if it works the same but the best I could do based on how I wanted to DC my hair.

Because I only do my hair 1x a week, not sure if I have more or less shedding this week.

choctaw

I soaked my hair with diluted tea rinse (1 cup fenugreek, hibiscus, catnip tea plus 2 tablespons acv in 64 oz jug water) before doing a maka oil rinse :lick:

Ltown

Greyland

I'll buy some whole beans and put them in there with some EVOO for several hours and put into pointy tipped bottles.

Maybe this weekend.

IDareT'sHair, you going to make some coffee oil:blush: can't wait!

Love all the tea rinsing mixtures so many alternatives and ideas:grin:

greenandchic

Maybe this weekend.

You don't grind your beans? I've been doing that the whole time then straining when its done. Hope I'm not doing it wrong.

Sent from my ADR6350 using ADR6350

ecornett

ok guys im a newb so im curious as to what tea/coffee rinses are good for besides reducing shedding? thanks in advance help a girl out let me know

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
greenandchic I've never made it before. I was going on by what Ltown posted via ehow. I was going to put the Whole Beans in the Crock with Oil and let it Simmer then scoop the whole beans out of the Oil & Put it in bottles.

Ltown, does this sound right?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Just did poured on Coffee Rinse and Slapped Dudley's Creme Protein on top under dryer about 20 minutes.:yep:

Will finish up with a Black Tea Rinse & ACV Rinse after I Steam in my DC'er.

greenandchic

greenandchic I've never made it before. I was going on by what Ltown posted via ehow. I was going to put the Whole Beans in the Crock with Oil and let it Simmer then scoop the whole beans out of the Oil & Put it in bottles.

Ltown, does this sound right?

I was going by that recipe too. I think I took it a step forward by grinding because I didn't see how the coffee properties could come out while the bean is still whole. My coffee oil is a medium/dark brown grinding the beans.

faithVA

I wonder if I could put the grounds in a cheesecloth and get good results. That way I could avoid the straining. What do you guys think?

I may stop by the dollar store over the weekend and pick up one.