Coconut Oil

H

honey_jammz82

I buy it from an organic food store...it is pretty cheap about 3 dollars for 10 oz.

JenJen2721

I get mine from NaturesWildChild.com .

From their website:

Virgin Oil de Coco-Crème

This is so much better than any other 'virgin coconut oil' that we've ever seen!

Here are just some of its wonderful qualities:

It's biologically pure, exctracted from fresh coconut milk, using state of the art 'coconut wet process' technology.
Has a high oxidative stability that provides protection to other ingredients without using chemical anti-oxidants, and contains anti-fungal properties, as well.
An excellent source of monolaurin, as well-known antiseptic substance found in lauric acid oils.
Has a very low viscosity that conveys subtleness and a light feel effect which give it excellent spreadability and makes it easy to mix with other ingredients.
Has an extra long shelf life. It's 'official' shelf life listed in the specifications is 2 years. However, our supplier has had a 3rd party laboratory conduct shelf life studies that place it around the '5 years plus' mark. Their reference sample is 1993, and is still viable.
Last but not least: It smells absolutely divine!

An_Original_Copy

I get mine from Wild Oats. It's fractionated coconut oil, and i asked what "fractioned" meant, and they said that basically it means that it'll be better absorbed by the scalp.

Avaya

chicamorena said:
Where do you all buy pure coconut oil from? I planned on buying some from cedarvale, but I'm not sure it's pure.

I know this post is old (2004) but please people do not make any purchases from Cedarvale. They do not fulfill their orders yet they take your money.

shawniegee

New Cut for '09
JenJen2721 said:
I get mine from NaturesWildChild.com .

From their website:

Virgin Oil de Coco-Crème

This is so much better than any other 'virgin coconut oil' that we've ever seen!

Here are just some of its wonderful qualities:

It's biologically pure, exctracted from fresh coconut milk, using state of the art 'coconut wet process' technology.
Has a high oxidative stability that provides protection to other ingredients without using chemical anti-oxidants, and contains anti-fungal properties, as well.
An excellent source of monolaurin, as well-known antiseptic substance found in lauric acid oils.
Has a very low viscosity that conveys subtleness and a light feel effect which give it excellent spreadability and makes it easy to mix with other ingredients.
Has an extra long shelf life. It's 'official' shelf life listed in the specifications is 2 years. However, our supplier has had a 3rd party laboratory conduct shelf life studies that place it around the '5 years plus' mark. Their reference sample is 1993, and is still viable.
Last but not least: It smells absolutely divine!

I'm going to try this! Better that coconut oil! Oh yea!

carameldiva

please do not purchase from cedarvale. They are scam artists- they took my money-sent a partial order and never sent the rest or a refund. I sent certified letters that got returned- then they allegedly "went out of business" and reappeared some time later. Don't do it. I now get my coconut oil from www.thechemistrystore.com It is 76 degree fractionated coconut oil.

mermaid

ekomba said:
i saw unrefined coconut oil at Vitaminshoppe too
That's where I bought some, it was something like $11.00 for 16oz.
I have never used coconut oil, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I am reserving judgement- as usual- until I use it enough times to get a justified opinion. So far I have learned that you have to have a light touch with it and although I love the smell, I do NOT love the smell the next day if I chose not to wash. Smells stale.
I take that back- it wasn't vitamin shoppe, it was vitamin WORLD

Last edited:

SparklingFlame

I am not 100% positive if its pure or not but I get mine from Walmart and I think it is like $3 for a quart. The ingredient on the lable just says coconut oil. It works fantabulous for me!

nadz

naturallady said:
I am not 100% positive if its pure or not but I get mine from Walmart and I think it is like $3 for a quart. The ingredient on the lable just says coconut oil. It works fantabulous for me!

For real? Which Wal-Mart? Or in which aisle? When I checked they didn't have any, apart from some petrolatum stuff.

SparklingFlame

nadz said:
For real? Which Wal-Mart? Or in which aisle? When I checked they didn't have any, apart from some petrolatum stuff.

Any Super Walmart should have it. Its on the Cooking isle next to the vegetable oils etc. The brand is Lou Anna and its in a green and white bottle. The only thing is, and this is very minor, is when it gets cold, it will get hard. Just stck that bad boy in the micro wave for a sec or 2 and you are good to go. I put mine in 8oz bottles and I absolutly LOOOVE it!

erin558

i bought coconut oil today from whole foods. it really is the truth. I love the sheen it gives, the smell ( i keep opening the jar to smell it ). everything. I love that you can use it for so many things so I really feel like I got my moneys worth.

UmSumayyah

I get mine from the indian/paki store or the ethnic foods section of the grocery store. Much cheaper than ordering online or from a health food store.