Coconut Milk?

It~Can~Grow

Umm who sells coconut milk?

I received my Henna and Indigo and I need to get all the tools I'll need for my mix and thought about "who sells coconut milk". I know I dont remember seeing it next to the Blue Bunny.

*stop laughing at me :lachen:*

nicey

If it's the same coconut milk you are looking for, I found mine in aisle 3 at the grocery store. :grin: It was actually in the aisle where you find the asian/ethnic foods, like the rice noodles and stuff.

It~Can~Grow

If it's the same coconut milk you are looking for, I found mine in aisle 3 at the grocery store. :grin: It was actually in the aisle where you find the asian/ethnic foods, like the rice noodles and stuff.

Is it 'really' a milk or more of a paste type - milk looking product? Yeah, yeah, I know...'she's slow' :perplexed but I just don't remember seeing anything named Coconut Milk.

This isn't the Coconut Milk shampoo I've heard others speak of? Meaning the brand name is titled "coconut milk"?

JustKiya

It's really milk - it's usually in a 12oz can, though. Thai Garden is a brand that you tend to see a lot.
Be sure to get the full fat kind - they have a 'lite' version too....

JustKiya

Would I have better luck finding at Whole Foods?

edit: and thanks, Ladies for your responses :yep:

:look: Only if you want to pay two or three times more. :lachen:

Nah, seriously, go look where-ever in the grocery store they sell soy sauce, bamboo shoots, and that sort of stuff - you should see cans of coconut milk.

It~Can~Grow

Nah, seriously, go look where-ever in the grocery store they sell soy sauce, bamboo shoots, and that sort of stuff - you should see cans of coconut milk.

OK. I know where those are - Thank you :grin:

Kimiche

Hmmmm, we use this often to cook rice. I can get this cheap at this store that I go to 2 for 99 cents and it's the real thing. So I could buy this and use it for my hair?

Nola Darling

Or you can just go to the Mexican section and they sell it there too.

It~Can~Grow

Hmmmm, we use this often to cook rice. I can get this cheap at this store that I go to 2 for 99 cents and it's the real thing. So I could buy this and use it for my hair?

My plan was to use this to make a Henna Gloss...I snagged this reciepe from La Flaca post:

Henna Gloss 2
1/3 Cup of Henna mixed with a little bit of water and left it overnight
1/3 Cup of Amla/Indigo (I mixed both to make the 1/3 cup)
½ Can of Coconut milk
Next day I added the amla/indigo mix(without water) to the
henna and coconut milk.
I applied to my hair and left it for 30 minutes without heat.

drasgrl

I love to make coconut milk rice pudding :lick: I have tried it on my hair but I'd rather eat it.

JustKiya

:yep: Sure can!! I got hype when I saw my Kroger had a 2 for a dollar sale - I'm sure those people thought I was crraaazzeee snagging all of the cans of coconut milk :lachen:

naturalgurl

Coconut milk is lovely! I love the way my hair smells after I use it. I never thought to add it to my henna! I'm doing a henna/indigo treatment next weekend. This tip came RIGHT ON TIME!!!! (edited to ask...)Just one thing, I leave my henna on for 6 hours(per the directions). Will 30 minutes be long enough???

Kimiche

My plan was to use this to make a Henna Gloss...I snagged this reciepe from La Flaca post:

Henna Gloss 2
1/3 Cup of Henna mixed with a little bit of water and left it overnight
1/3 Cup of Amla/Indigo (I mixed both to make the 1/3 cup)
½ Can of Coconut milk
Next day I added the amla/indigo mix(without water) to the henna and coconut milk.
I applied to my hair and left it for 30 minutes without heat.

Thanks for sharing this. Sounds like something that I would be willing to try. :grin:

Kimiche

:yep: Sure can!! I got hype when I saw my Kroger had a 2 for a dollar sale - I'm sure those people thought I was crraaazzeee snagging all of the cans of coconut milk :lachen:

:lachen: That's what you gotta do snag them up because it's not all the time they will be that cheap.

nicey

I just went and bought a can yesterday. I saw somewhere that you can use it on the hair with some regimen. Does anyone know what types of regimen I can use it for.