Coconut milk/lime juice treatment results.

RosesBlack

I love doing coconut milk/lime juice treatments.

However I don't get any straightening when using it, I get a bit more wave to my texlaxed hair and it's still fluffy.

My fluffy let me show you it..also check the natural part. Also no make up, tired and wearing a dirty tshirt. This is what my hair does when left to it's own devices.

After I'm about a month post I like to do this every couple of weeks or so. I use a can of coconut milk drained mostly of the watery bits, a few squirts or spoonfulls of whatever oil is handy and a squirt or two of con. And the juice from a regular sized lime. I'll use less lime if my hair is feeling extra dry.

Then I rinse and DC. Leaves my hair very soft and helps bring out a little more of my texture.

Irresistible

Sweetie your not finding the use of that much lime Drying to your hair? I thought it was, most the ladies that used the lime said that anway. Funny this was supposed to be like a natrual relaxer and its giving you texture?

be careful with the lime use, Ive heard alot of ladies really complain about it stripping thier hair and having a hard time getting it back to moisturized.

Last edited:

RosesBlack

Sweetie your not finding the use of that much lime Drying to your hair? I thought it was, most the ladies that used the lime said that anway. Funny this was supposed to be like a natrual relaxer and its giving you texture?

be careful with the lime use, Ive heard alot of ladies really complain about it stripping thier hair and having a hard time getting it back to moisturized.

The first time I did it last summer I used way too much lime but now I'm pretty careful and go by how my hair feels. And I DC like hayl overnight usually afterwards. For sort of texturizing lime juice is fantastic for my hair. After I got up today my hair was silky and huge. So I'm hennaing today and going to DC again to see if I can bring down the volume a little.

More fluffy makes bunning more difficult.

It's so weird. I get no straightening at all from repeated uses. I will get a little relaxed effect if I add raw yogurt but yogurt makes my hair feel weird and I don't really like it.

Butterfly08

I just tried coconut milk for the first time tonite. I'm under the dryer so I can't say yet if it worked on my 9 week old ng, but I did notice while setting that my relaxed hair had a much looser curl pattern. And my hair felt fluffy. I'm not sure yet if I like it. I will use it again later this week when I begin cwing again.

Lucky's Mom

I have not had any problems with lime and dryness.... I have done this 2x so far... and the results have been excellent.

I also add a teaspoon of olive oil.

RosesBlack

I have not had any problems with lime and dryness.... I have done this 2x so far... and the results have been excellent.

I also add a teaspoon of olive oil.

How well does your evoo mix? I think I might use that instead of the grapeseed I have on hand next time I do it.