Cocoa Butter Lotion Relaxes Hair?

metamorfhosis

Hello-

My cousin came over for a visit and he took his cap off and his hair looked relaxed. He said that all he does is wash it and put cocoa butter lotion on it. I couldn't believe it. It looked relaxed.

I haven't tried the cocoa butter lotion yet but I am going to. Have you ever heard that cocoa butter has relaxing properties?

Today 08:55 PMal00fonehmm...

the actual lotion.

like queen helene cocoa butter in the big ole bottle?

Hahaha I got a visual!

I am suspecting that he didn't want to admit to you that he put one of those S-Curl Texturizers for Men type of things in his hair:grin:.

I don't know, I have never heard of this one.

Yes, regular cocoa butter lotion in the bottle. I don't know the actual name of the lotion. I really don't think he is lying. I am going to try it this Saturday when I wash. :grin:

Last edited:
Hi

I am transitioning, and I used Shea Butter with cocunut oil and my hair has a looser curl then it did before, so I am going to try the cocoa butter too. I am thinking maybe it weighs the hair down or something. IDK.

I have this stick of cocoa butter (100%) that sits in my car in case my lips/elbows get ashy...

when it gets hot, it melts... and im almost tempted to wait until noon to go grab it and dump it on my kitchen... lol

once again.. he used the Cocoa Butter... in the bottle? lol now im mad...

cause i knew i shouldnt have left it under my sink with the Pink Lotion back at home :wallbash:

Back