Co-washing

TWesley

Co-washing is a new term to me. What are the advantages and disadvantages of co-washing?

I have long (waist length), natural (relaxer free since 2004), naturally wavy, but I flat iron it straight.

lilyofthenile

Advantages - cleanses your hair while not stripping it from the moisture and adds moisture to it.

Disadvantages - doesn't clarify or cleanse out your hair as well as a shampoo.

A856

Co-washing is a new term to me. What are the advantages and disadvantages of co-washing?

I have long (waist length), natural (relaxer free since 2004), naturally wavy, but I flat iron it straight.

:needpics:

Let us see your hair! What's your regimen?

CurlsBazillion

Give up the pics lol!!! we would love to see your beautiful hair! I love cowashing because I work out everyday and the moisture it provides is awesome!!!

Fhrizzball

TWesley

I also would love to see pictures of said hair :)

When I cowash I have to clarify every so often to get rid of the eventual buildup. You can do that naturally or with a shampoo of your choice. I use cone free conditioners to cowash (giovanni, tresemme naturals being my fav. Others use VO5 or suave but they don't give enough slip for me).

The cons for me of cowashing would be too much detangling and manipulations as well as buildup. However the added moisture outways that to me. I don't cowash everyday so you'll have to find a frequency that fits you best.