Clear, open scalp and hair growth

dyh080

Wondering if anyone has experienced this. Youtuber...afrohairsecrets did an experiement to see if wearing braids resulted in faster hair growth due to having the scalp exposed( not because of low manipulation or tension on the hair). see link below. She has a blog too but as far as I can see neither the blog nor youtube page has posted her results. You can read further about the theory on her blog.
I know that last month I left my hair in cornrows 99% of the time and experienced an increased growth rate. I could see my new growth coming in after 1 week of Henna. Usually it takes at least 2-3 weeks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbZArnbRNQ0

Geminigirl

Letting the video load now. I think they have heard of her because I remember this chicks bathroom so I know her video must have been posted before. I can't remember which one.

ETA-watching the video now. It sounds like a good theory, to bad she never followed up. I would think that with your scalp being exposed it could also get dirty fast and exposed to elements that may slow growth if you don't care for hair and scalp properly.

Last edited: