Do you use another shampoo after the initial clarifying shampoo

• Yes

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • No

Votes: 13 40.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VirtuousBeauty

I want to wash my hair with a clarifying shampoo tonight and wanted to know if you guys use another shampoo after clarifying or only use the clarifying shampoo when you choose to clarify

lovelexi

i use a moisturizing shampoo after clarifying. i've clarified without the moisturizing poo after but i didnt like how my hair felt.

darlingdiva

I don't use a moisturizing shampoo after I clarify. I just make sure to use AO GPB after I clarify b/c it is quite moisturizing, even though it is a protein conditioner.

shasha8685

After I clarify, I usually follow up with Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo. My hair feels extremely stripped if I don't.

Last edited:

calibella218

I usually only shampoo once. If I feel that my scalp or hair has more buildup than usual, I will just lather again with the same shampoo. I also follow up with Aubrey Organics GPB Conditioner (only for about 5 minutes) and I use a moisturizing deep conditioner as my final step.

Bun Mistress

I just recently started doing this. I substitute the second shampoo with a moisture shampoo. I really like the results.

ms.blue

after I use a clarifying shampoo I just go right into deep conditioning. I don't like shampooing too much so I just shampoo once & let it sit awhile that usually gets my hair clean.

I really don't see why use a clarifying shampoo then a moisturzing shampoo one b/c I figure that the moisturizing dc will replenish the moisture lost while clarifying.

Yoshi3329

after I use a clarifying shampoo I just go right into deep conditioning. I don't like shampooing too much so I just shampoo once & let it sit awhile that usually gets my hair clean.

I really don't see why use a clarifying shampoo then a moisturzing shampoo one b/c I figure that the moisturizing dc will replenish the moisture lost while clarifying.

I would love to know the benefits of the moisturizing shampoo as well. :look:

Avaya

I've always followed a clarifying shampoo with a moisturizing shampoo but I think I am going to just go straight to deep conditioning. So, my vote is for one shampoo only and then deep condition.

calibella218

ITA, especially with the bolded.:yep:

This is exactly what I was thinking. If you've already cleaned your hair well with the clarifying shampoo, why even bother with another shampoo? Especially if you're gonna use DC afterwards anyway, which is much more moisturising in itself than any shampoo could be. It just doesn't really make sense to me otherwise, but to each their own though.

chasturner84

^^ Glad that worked for you VB! I clarified last night and I followed with a protein poo 1st lather and then a moisturizing poo 2nd lather. I then Dc'd and all and my hair is sooo strong and soft this morn.

mzsophisticated26

I follow up with a moisturizing poo then DC because my hair usually feels hard and tangled. I have to make sure that my fine texlax hair does not get tangles during the washing process

Fine 4s

It's good to do a moisturizing anything after clarifying given that you have stripped the hair of the product building AND natural moisture (oils etc.)
I go straight to a DC after I clarify.

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
i use a regular shampoo after clarifying to 'unstick' my hair, if that makes sense. if i don't, conditioner will never make it past the outside layers of my hair. ♥

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
That is the proper way to clarify but I hardly ever do it. My clarifying shampoo dosen't strip my hair and plus I forget.

frizzy

I didn't vote in the poll.

I will use a cheapie conditioner, with no cones, after clarifying if my hair is sticking together and feeling stripped. Otherwise, I go straight to DCing.

I use ORS Creamy Aloe shampoo most times.