dumb question: do u use clarifying shampoo alone?

sephora

do you use clarifying shampoo ONLY and then continue with your regimen or do you clarify, and THEN use your normal shampoo afterwards and then continue on with your regimen. curious.

Re: dum question: do you use clarifying shampoo alone?

Why is that dumb?

I actually never follow up - I always clarify only when I'm doing that and then apply a good heavy conditioner.

Re: dum question: do you use clarifying shampoo alone?

I usually clarify only and then carry on with my conditioning.

This is not a dumb question. Never say that girly.

I find my hair likes it best when I clarify and then go straight to a good conditioner. I used to clarify and then use another shampoo, but that was long ago.

I lather once with the clarifying shampoo and then do a 2nd lather with something more moisturizing. Then I deep condition.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
I lather once with the clarifying shampoo and then do a 2nd lather with something more moisturizing. Then I deep condition.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

same here!

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Likewise.

I use Pantene's clarifying shampoo.

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I do. I clarify then follow up with a moisturizing shampoo.

I use Pantene's clarifying shampoo, rinse. Then I use my normal detangling conditioner and comb that through.

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto!

[ QUOTE ]
Nutmeg said:
[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Likewise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto

I use the KeraCare Detangling Shampoo for my second lather because the Pantene leaves my hair feeling like twigs...

Chichi
bdance.gif

No such thing as a dumb question here...
I clarify weekly w/ Aubrey organics swimmers Shampoo (doesnt lather), then I lather with AO Sea Buckthorn and Egg or CON if I'm 7 weeks + post relaxer. Then I condition.

Instead of using clarifying shampoo because of the harmful ingredients it so much better if you use natural apple vinegar.

I use Lanza's Deep Cleansing. I have to figure out what line it's in now though because they changed the packaging and I'm running out of the stash...
ohwell.gif

I used to use Fantasia IC - but Lanza shampoos are really the best for my hair so I try to stick to them.

[ QUOTE ]
Nutmeg said:
[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Likewise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto on all above. This system seems to work well for me.

Sometimes I do- especially if I am doing a protein or intensive treatment. If I want soft hair I follow up with Elasta QP Conditioning Shampoo or Breakthru.

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I would normally do until I started using Deep Brilliance Purifying.

thanks for all teh responses, everyone! just wanted to put in my two cents --> i use suave clarifying and i think it makes my hair soooooooooooooooooooooo freakin' soft?! amazing! then i follow up with Elasta's shampoo for relaxed hair, and my hair is no longer as soft...this is why the original question popped into my head...

i guess i'll continue doing that thouhg...thanks!

[ QUOTE ]
charlene said:
Instead of using clarifying shampoo because of the harmful ingredients it so much better if you use natural apple vinegar.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here sassy girl.

Don't ever think your questions are dumb.

Back