Chlorella = split ends?

yodie

Anybody notice an increase in split ends/the shaft of your hair when taking chlorella?

Trying to pinpoint/rule out some things.

Thanks

yodie

I'm not sure it is so. Just inquiring and trying to rule chl out. Wanted to see if any other ladies noticed this.

yodie

I'm sure its okay ladies. Definitely not trying to cause any hype. Just want to see if any other ladies noticed this.

belle_reveuse28

I dont think so. I've been using it since February. Since I did a major trim in January and I've babied my ends since then, I've had only about 5 split ends since January, and it's October! It's re-friggin-diculous! My secret: I've been putting HE LTR Leave-in on my ends and then coating with castor oil. Actually, I do that to my whole head, but I concentrate on my ends. That mess has been working, suriously! I was the split ends Queen beforehand. I cannot see that any properties in chlorella, all vitamins and minerals, that cause the hair to be dry or to split. But this is JMHO.... HTH

cutenss

I am not sure. I had been battling splits ends since the spring, when I started CHL, but I stopped in the summer, when I almost ran out, I just started again yesterday, taking the small amount I have left. But it is not nearly the megadose I was taking. I just did a search and destroy. But because there were so many, I did a mini trim of an inch. I did not trim the top layer of my hair which is were most of them are.

yodie

Thanks for all the replies. I'll continue to babu my ends and apply castor/shea butter and Mizani H20.

yodie

I'm applying castor oil every other day and hiding my ends. Do you ladies ever put something on your ends to strengthen them?