Chlorella and Inches per month

MissLeo

Hey ladies,

I just wanted to see if any of you were still taking chlorella and if so, how much growth per month are your achieving? I know a few ladies claimed 1-2inches per month a while ago. If you are getting these results please let me know how long you have been taking it as well.

Thanks!

MrsMe

Bumping. I want to know too, because I used to take it and stopped due to price increases. If it's worth it, I'll give it another try.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Long Hair Care Forum App

GodivaChocolate

I love chlorella but more for it's detoxing properties. I didn't notice accelerated growth but it's really good for you which is good for your hair. I also wasn't taking it consistently. I just got 1 inch of growth in one month but that was by taking MSM. Now that really works for me!

BraunSugar

I took chlorella for about a couple months and didn't notice anything regarding hair growth... or anything else. I stopped taking it.

classychic1908

I took it for about six months and did not notice any changes in my body other than constipation, oh and no increase in hair growth either.

MissLeo

I took it for about six months and did not notice any changes in my body other than constipation, oh and no increase in hair growth either.

I seee, were you able to do any measurements during that time to determine how much you were getting per month?

classychic1908

Hmmm... well I'm naturally a slow grower ( I don't have a lot of breakage issues). I was APL in February when I joined the board and retained about 3 inches my first year.
My siggy pic is from last December, I started chlorella at the beginning of this year and I have again retained about 3 inches this year.

HTH

MissLeo

Hmmm... well I'm naturally a slow grower ( I don't have a lot of breakage issues). I was APL in February when I joined the board and retained about 3 inches my first year.
My siggy pic is from last December, I started chlorella at the beginning of this year and I have again retained about 3 inches this year.

HTH

When you say retained, I'm guessing you mean you had to cut your ends at some point?

classychic1908

I use search and destroy--no major trims. Please don't let me turn you off from chlorella, it might work for you. And you might experience great health related gains!

mariofmagdal

I am still taking it, and continue to benefit. I am also taking Zi Xiu Tang Bee Pollen Capsules, and they have done a number on my hair, I am one of the ones that has gotten growth spurts from it. I seem to be losing more hair to shedding, perhaps more dead hair as a result of so much growth.....who knows, I sure don't. But the chlorella has had a positive affect on my Zi Xiu Tang results, I know that. Yes, I lost weight too.

LaFemmeNaturelle

wow really? I thought it was supposed to be good for digestive health and it actually constipated you? i ordered some but i dont even wanna try it. i have enough problems by myself dont need nothin makin it worse.:nono:

classychic1908

wow really? I thought it was supposed to be good for digestive health and it actually constipated you? i ordered some but i dont even wanna try it. i have enough problems by myself dont need nothin makin it worse.:nono:

I think some people became more regular with it. I lost track of the chlorella thread--it's massive. I just have extra issues in that department. side note- I was drinking 2+ liters of water daily, so my reaction was not from lack of hydration.

Have you tried the stomach vacuum? That has worked miracles for me.

Sorry OP, back to hair talk...:blush:

Missjae09

Not sure what Chlorella is but you've definitely inspired me to take my MSM more consistently!
I love chlorella but more for it's detoxing properties. I didn't notice accelerated growth but it's really good for you which is good for your hair. I also wasn't taking it consistently. I just got 1 inch of growth in one month but that was by taking MSM. Now that really works for me!

MissLeo

I think classy may be right, the effect can be different depending on the person. I have been taking it for 2 weeks now and I seem way more regular than usual. According to the old forum, that is the more regular and expected response. Hopefully I will get the 1.5-2 inches of growth/month as well. I'll be keeping track.

luckiestdestiny

Same here Curly MOO (I'm the op of the original massive thread).

I noticed a measurable increase in thickness (perhaps not thickness of strands but more hairs per diameter if thats even possible. My hair was already dense in that way but after chlorella it was insane!).

I did have growth spurts with it too. I take it on and off (sometimes I run out and then I drag my heels but kick my butt to re order it because it's worth it). I have no idea how long my hair would be lol if I didn't have a set back (with a denman) that made me cut it last year to just below shoulder (along with layers, that denman took out chunks of hair, and so I just had too much uneveness and couldn't stand it. I still probably need to hack off another inch and a half but I have hacked off so much I don't have the heart until the next lunar cycle in Feb for hair growth)so now I'm between MBL and Wl. It's good stuff. BUT I never looked monthly. I just took it knowing it was good for the overall body to put it in optimal health.

I also noticed insanely gorgeous skin after the detox period where people would come UP to me (and I don't wear make up). It also took of years.

I did have weight loss too (it aided that but I was also eating right).

I use it mostly to detox and for health. Its really a super vitamin (or hair food as it isn't engineered in a lab and is a pure food) that contains everything you need from B vitamins to basically everything, so its really good for the body (unless you're allergic and that's a rare occurence).

Overall chlorella is my go to vitamin/or hair food I'd rather say. It's like taking spinach or eating celery (as it's a food not a vitamin) but it happens to be freeze dried (only difference is it is consider a super food as it has almost every vitamin needed by the body and helps with detox and also health).

If you're constipated sometimes not only adjusting water, but cutting back dosage helps. Each person is different and that's a detox symptom but also a symptom if you take too much. That thread is worth looking up as I had a quick start at the top of the thread with all the questions people asked over the first six months or so (that we all experimented and discovered along the way along with scientific evidence).

HTH

FearfullyMade

I've been taking chlorella for a year now and I take 3 g every day. (I've been wearing sew-ins and I usually leave them in for 3 months) I've been tracking my growth to be an average of 3/4 of an inch a month.

MissLeo

I've been taking chlorella for a year now and I take 3 g every day. (I've been wearing sew-ins and I usually leave them in for 3 months) I've been tracking my growth to be an average of 3/4 of an inch a month.

Thanks! As a researcher I looove recorded data :)

Guyaneek

Great! Is this more than normal for you?

Wildkat08

Same here Curly MOO (I'm the op of the original massive thread).

I noticed a measurable increase in thickness (perhaps not thickness of strands but more hairs per diameter if thats even possible. My hair was already dense in that way but after chlorella it was insane!).

I did have growth spurts with it too. I take it on and off (sometimes I run out and then I drag my heels but kick my butt to re order it because it's worth it). I have no idea how long my hair would be lol if I didn't have a set back (with a denman) that made me cut it last year to just below shoulder (along with layers, that denman took out chunks of hair, and so I just had too much uneveness and couldn't stand it. I still probably need to hack off another inch and a half but I have hacked off so much I don't have the heart until the next lunar cycle in Feb for hair growth)so now I'm between MBL and Wl. It's good stuff. BUT I never looked monthly. I just took it knowing it was good for the overall body to put it in optimal health.

I also noticed insanely gorgeous skin after the detox period where people would come UP to me (and I don't wear make up). It also took of years.

I did have weight loss too (it aided that but I was also eating right).

I use it mostly to detox and for health. Its really a super vitamin (or hair food as it isn't engineered in a lab and is a pure food) that contains everything you need from B vitamins to basically everything, so its really good for the body (unless you're allergic and that's a rare occurence).

Overall chlorella is my go to vitamin/or hair food I'd rather say. It's like taking spinach or eating celery (as it's a food not a vitamin) but it happens to be freeze dried (only difference is it is consider a super food as it has almost every vitamin needed by the body and helps with detox and also health).

If you're constipated sometimes not only adjusting water, but cutting back dosage helps. Each person is different and that's a detox symptom but also a symptom if you take too much. That thread is worth looking up as I had a quick start at the top of the thread with all the questions people asked over the first six months or so (that we all experimented and discovered along the way along with scientific evidence).

HTH

How much do you take on average? For the ladies taking MSM... how much of you taking of that?

luckiestdestiny

How much do you take on average? For the ladies taking MSM... how much of you taking of that?

Sorry didn't see that there was a response (or question to my answer). I was up there for a while, but then I decide to just take a smaller amount. So I'm at 6 most of the time. I usually order the big tub and scoop it out. Don't get me wrong I think there's an advantage to taking more, but I just don't bother cause it runs out faster, and then I have a tendency to procrastinate in reordering (not chlorella's fault. It's just one of my faults as a person. If I run out of something it stays gone for a little while).

I think if people are taking a minimum 3 that I mentioned in the quick start, amount they're still getting benefits because it really is a super food.:yep: And some people will take even less depending on their tolerance level. It really is about customizing it to you and your needs.