Chin Length Challenge Anyone? Pics included

toyagurl

Hi...I am no newbie but I have been silent for a long time. Last year when I reached collarbone length (Feb 08) I began to transition. For six months I grew and cut my hair. I got new growth obsessed and cut my hair off into a twa. I stayed natural for about 4 months. After issues with dryness and crunchy ends I relaxed. I do not regret relaxing but I do regret transitioning! My hair grows fairly quickly so I would've been BSL by now. So I relaxed and cut the hair up above ear length. Right now I am sitting just below ear length. I have a picture from early August. I am guessing that my hair grows about an inch every 6 weeks so I hope to reach my first goal (chin length) by mid-December. I want to ultimately reach BSL (baby steps). Is there anyone else wanting to come along with me? I think after this goal is reached then a shoulder length, armpit, and finally bsl challenge to span 2 years. Here are the pics from July and August (sorry so huge but this is a first for me):

July

August

I am still working on my regime but right now I am using Chi Organics Shampoo and Conditioner. I wash 2x weekly. I blowdry and flat iron once a week (it works for me and I am just not good with protective styling). I just relaxed with Mizani lye mild but I used Butter Blends lye Reg. previously. I have an FHI blowdryer and Sedu flatiron. I use Paul Mitchell flexible hold styling foam when I blow dry. I have just purchased the Chi Organics product line and used it last night but have been using Keracare
(like) and Mizani Thermasmooth (just ok). Normally I do not use any oils or serums but will be incorporating a very small amount of the Chi Organics Silk oil into my regime. I think I may use it with my Paul Mitchel foam. I may also use a very very small amount of coconut oil nightly. Thanks ladies and I hope we can grow together!

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:
You get an inch of growth every six weeks?! That's so amazing! Has your hair always grown that fast?
Also...what do you eat and drink? :sekret:

Your hair looks really beautiful and healthy! Good luck on your challenge!!

toyagurl

Thanks Chaos. I appears to be growing at that rate right now. I was shocked myself! I had my hubby check and that's what it seems like. It may slow down this winter though. A half inch is normal I think but hey I'm just glad it's growing!

Last edited:

morehairplease

Love your hair sweetie! I am attempting to stretch until December and get a haircut(depending on how my ends are looking it will either be ear length or chin length) and can start then.

YNOBE

Hey toyagurl,
I'm a newbie, and I'd like to join your challenge! My hair is aroung the length of your hair give or take a inch or 2. I had a relaxed short-cut for 2 years, loved it short, but now ready to go long! My last and shortest cut was in Feb. Considering that I had a VERY short pixie cut shaved in the back, I think I'm making good progress. Looking forward to the challenge, PM me with details! :)

a_shoe_6307

If my hair could look like that relaxed I'd do it in a heart beat. But I find that mine is that glossy natural...anyhoo....

Your hair looks great!!!!

I am hoping to be your length by December. I'm pretty sure chin length is not going to be very soon. :nono:

toyagurl

Great Ynobe! I am glad to see that I am not alone. Do you have pics? I am not sure of how these challenges work. Are we supposed to be achieving length at the same time? I can push the date back...I think I might have been overly ambitious. I think sometime and January or February might be more realistic.

@ashoe6307-That's too bad! Thank you though:)

Taina

I would love too!!! most of the challenge here are for people to reach BSL/APL/MBL ... no one thinks in the short and just BCed ladies. So i'm in.

I NC 1 month 2 weeks ago, i just have like a 2 inches of hair. My hair is not growing as fast as it usually does, i can tell because i dye my hair and is not that long :( but, i guees i could reach Chin by februaty 2010.

babai!!

la mosca

Beautiful hair! And OT, but I love your lip gloss! Do you mind if I ask what gloss you are wearing? (Looks like Chanel Glossimer.) :sekret:

silenttullip

I'll join you. Although I'm natural still our hair around the sides and bangs are about the same length so I could use the support.

My current reg is
wash 1or2x week with cv poo bar
condition ends with ao bga
rinse with acv rinse
leave in and detangle wide tooth comb and greg juice
moisturize / style with shine and define
protective style braids or twists
spritz either devacurl moisture lock or african royale spray

scalp care
baking soda
witch hazel
acv
oyin bsp mayb

vitamin
one a day
futurebiotics hair skin and nails

I hope this goes great after chin length I'm hoping for shoulders and then bsp then waist length. Lol its difficult cause the hair in the back is basically shoulder length when twisted not sure about when I press it. I'll post pics each month and stay posted.

toyagurl

Misslittlelala your regime looks great. I can't wait to see your progress! How long have you been natural.