CHI Silk Infusion

seraphim712

I'm hearing alot of positive feedback about this product, and I really want to try it out . I'm curious though, what are the ingredients of this product, and can it be used with other hair products such as Aveda???

I got this from the folica.com website, b/c I'm too lazy to go get my bottle and type it:

Silk Infusion Ingredients: Cyclomthicone, Dimethiconol, Dimethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Panthenol, Ethyl Esterof Hydrolyzed Silk, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, D&C Yellow 11, D&C Red17, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Boron Nitride Powder.

You can use other products w/the Silk Infusion, however, when I use it, I don't really want to, but that's just me. It's a really nice product, and IMO worth the price tag.

HTH

Thanks for the info!!!!

I will most definately buy this today!!!! I'm really to try it out. Anybody else is free to give their opinions on how they feel about this product.

Last edited:
I LOVE LOVE IT!!!:love: :love:

I ordered a sample bottle- fell in love!

Now I have (2) 12oz btls on the way!

Makes my hair soft & bouncy, not heavy or greasy.

This is a new staple!

No prob!

Y'know I'm surprised Navsegda hasn't popped in here...She's pretty much the forum community advertisement for this stuff :lol: .

Just in case she doesn't stop by, you should do an advanced search for 'chi silk infusion' and her name, and see what she's had to say a/b it.

(Check the "Making the search feature work for you" sticky if you don't know how to do this.)

HTH

A question came to mind,

Since I will be using the CHI Silk Infusion, will I still have to use a moisturizing lotion or other heat protectant when I use my hair dryer and flat iron, or does CHI Silk Infusions act as a heat protector for the hair?

artemis_e. said:
No prob!

Y'know I'm surprised Navsegda hasn't popped in here...She's pretty much the forum community advertisement for this stuff :lol: .

Just in case she doesn't stop by, you should do an advanced search for 'chi silk infusion' and her name, and see what she's had to say a/b it.

(Check the "Making the search feature work for you" sticky if you don't know how to do this.)

HTH

LOL, Thanks I will do that. :D

The science of preventing relaxer damage by using silk

Navs explains all you need to know about silk amino acids (what CHI is make of) from a scientific perspective.

It's not hard to understand though.

To answer your question, CHI is the heat protectant for me. That's all I use after a poo/con session on wet hair. After it dries, I flat iron & that's it!

I may use it the next day, but that's it. I don't have to use it everyday.

seraphim712 said:
Thanks for the links!!! By the AKA-Tude, not to change the subject, bht I notice that you're currently located in Okinawa Japan. Do you live there permanently or temp. Also have you heard of the oil that japanese women use over their called camellia oil?

Well, I'm here w/ hubby until '08- been here since '04.

Yes, I have heard loudly & clearly about the camellia oil or 'tsubaki oil' as the Japanese say (HA!)

The poo/con combo in my siggy (Shiseido) have the tsubaki & silk in them& my hair LOVES THEM!!!
The only thing is they only sell it over here **SHOOT**.

So Imma stock up btwn now & time to leave!

Anyway, from what I understand, they sell the tsubaki oil right in the Okinawan drug stores, but I haven't gone in one yet. But I plan to soon.
My hope is that it is not expensive!

It's said that the ladies here apply the oil as a pre-poo, let set overnite, then poo in the AM.

I was even thinking if I can get the oil plus order the silk, I may try to create my own poo/con from it.:scratchch

I'll keep you posted. I'll prob. start a thread when I find it.:lol:

Back