Cheapest Places to buy products...

beana3

ok,everyone spill the beans (no pun intended). Let us know where you find your hair products for the most inexpensive price...

In NYC...
The beauty supply store on fordham road all the way down towards fordham Univ near mc donalds.. they usually are anywhere from .25-$1.50 cheaper than everyone else. Not really a good bargain place for salon products

The other one on fordham (on the PC richard side) has better prices on salon products. $7.00 for Joico integrity, $21 dudley's relaxer 32oz.. etc

The two BSS stores along 3rd avenue from 104th-107th... they have good deals on Elasta products.

Everywhere else...
UMM, can we say Walmart???? by far the cheapest hair supplies around. I can take $20 over there and get a whole stash of products

I'm going to the one in Jersey the weekend of the 18th to stock up on pantene and elasta qp mango butter... and lekair cholesterol, and whatever else is under $4!!!!

Ok, I'm looking for the cheapest places to buy salon products, so far its been the BSS on 105th and amsterdam (although they're prices are going up!)

I'm planning to purchase dudley's PCA,
Affirm positive link condit
keracare humecto

azul11

hmm i dont know of too many bss which is why i am always asking.
i know of one on 116th and lennox ave called max beauty supply i dont know if they are cheaper but they do have a good selection of products. another one is family discount of 125th. they have a few nick nacks there. i know there are some further up 125th, some on 140, also blkmane told me about this place on 96th street. i also go to rama but they seem like they dont know what they have. i am looking for more cheaper ones on 207 and dyckman which i am sure they are plenty of.
is there even a walmart in nyc?
I'm going to see if i can find more stores in the washington heights area and in the bronx and brooklyn.

oh just in case someone was looking for a profession dryer the one on 116th sells the pibbs one but i am not sure if that one is just a display one and if they sell it to the regular customers. God bless you all.

beana3

nope there is no walmart in NYC, there is one in Jersey though. I'm in love with walmart from last year, when i was in school in Ohio. I didn't know how good i had it, lekair was $1.92 for 16oz's, pantene was 3.50, infusium was $3.99, overall they're just cheaper. They had a very small selection of hair products for AA's at the one near my old school, they ONLY sold no-lye relaxers and mostly products with the proud black lady on them. But there prices were unbeatable for the products they did carry.
I assume the selection would be better in NJ since there are more AA's residing in the surrounding area. I've heard they carry the Elasta line and New pantene line which is primarily whst i'm planning to stock up on.

fletgee

Hi beana!
I have been searching for the Elasta Mango Butter since before Xmas. Can u tell me which Waltmart in Jersey you found it in? Thanks.