Buying products off Ebay/Amazon?

ReeseCup

Now that I have found some of my staple products, I'm looking to stock up and get in on some great deals. But I have learned alot from this site, such as buying strictly SALON products at BSS, and them not turning out to be the real thing (i.e. watered down, not real ingredients, etc...)

I've found some great deals on Ebay, and I was curious to know would you buy products such as Joico, Kenra, etc...off those sites? How do you really know its the real thing? I've been looking at feedback for sellers and it seems ok, but you never really know - plus who of those buyers actually pays attention to the ingredients like we do, and instead just buying cause of the name/rep?

I'm taking into consideration too on how far I have to go to get my products - its a drive cause I live in a mostly white town - they sell Kenra, but not the products I need.

Thanks ladies! :)

I always have good service with Amazoncom. You can check the rating of the seller from consumers on this site also:)

Well I'm in the military and I'm stationed overseas so I have no choice BUT to shop online. I've never purchased anything from Ebay but I recently made a purchase from Amazon. I think you should go for it, just be careful of anything that's ridiculously cheap. If the price seems to good to be true then it probably is. Unfortunately, it'll be awhile before I receive my products (they have to go to my mom in the states 1st) so I can't give you a review on the service. But the good thing about it is I did receive confirmation emails right away too so....hope this helps

i always get products from amazon and they ship rather fast.
thats where i get salon products from.

Yea, I dont know. I found a deal like 6 bottles of Kenra for $58 plus shipping. It sounds ok price and all, cause in Trade Secret I pay 12.00 per bottle. Maybe I can calculate the shipping that's $11.00, and say it would be $1 per trip for a bottle (25 miles)...lol. Something like that, you know what I mean.

And I guess if I get it and its not the same ingredients, I can return it. Just not into the hassel of all that.

I can tell y'all been on amazon buying up the bulk cause its always sold out...lol. That's why I went to ebay.

(Y'all that Kendra Condish is the bomb...I cant barely contain myself in the mornings rushing to co wash my hair!!)

I always have good service with Amazoncom. You can check the rating of the seller from consumers on this site also:)

Ditto

Some of my favorite sellers on Amazon are

Beauty of a site
Bluebeez
Beauty Box
Peninsula Beauty
ingBeauty
Beauty in style

Amazon has a great reputation. They are really fast shippers too. It always amazes me how fast their stuff comes.

Now that I have found some of my staple products, I'm looking to stock up and get in on some great deals. But I have learned alot from this site, such as buying strictly SALON products at BSS, and them not turning out to be the real thing (i.e. watered down, not real ingredients, etc...)

I've found some great deals on Ebay, and I was curious to know would you buy products such as Joico, Kenra, etc...off those sites? How do you really know its the real thing? I've been looking at feedback for sellers and it seems ok, but you never really know - plus who of those buyers actually pays attention to the ingredients like we do, and instead just buying cause of the name/rep?

I'm taking into consideration too on how far I have to go to get my products - its a drive cause I live in a mostly white town - they sell Kenra, but not the products I need.

Thanks ladies! :)

I bought my CHI of of ebay from a salon distributer that had a 99% rating.....for 12 bucks 6oz i was super happy

I've gotten some Redken steals off Ebay :D. I refuse to pay hiked up salon prices! No way! It's not that I can't afford it, I just know there are other things I can pay for and things I can save on (I buy in bulk too). Always order from someone who has 100% feedback.

Last edited:
I bought from Amazon and had no problems. I bought some "100% Peppermint oil" from Ebay because I was trying to get a large quantity. It was watered down so I dont buy from there anymore.

I've never had a problem ordering from Amazon and they always ship pretty quickly. Where I live doesn't always have what I need so I shop online about 75% of the time.

I have never had a problem with Ebay either but have never ordered anything liquid from there either. I say check the seller's ratings.

I buy almost everything from amazon :yep: They have very good customer service, you can buy a lot of things in bulk (and get free shipping) and most of the time you can decide to buy directly from amazon if you are concerned about shady hair product dealers.

I bought a relaxer from ebay but only after I read a thread here where other ladies gave feedback on the relaxer and the ebay seller.

Back