Cheap non damaging shampoos

soslychic

All the shampoos that don't contain sls or als or any other harmful detergent seem to be so EXPENSIVE. Does anyone know of a shampoo that is 10 dollars or less than has non damaging ingredients?

Creme of Nature (check the ingredients--some of them have sulfates), Breakthru and Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo are cheap and gentle. And baby shampoo.

Not the ones that I have...

Are you looking for a soap-free or low lathering shampoo? Those are usually fairly expensive. The cheapest ones I can think of are Jason Sea Kelp and Mode de Vie Shea Butter Cream shampoo.

No I'm just looking for ones without sulfates, but I thought that all of the creme of nature shampoos did. I just found another post that said that the professional regular formula for normal hair didn't though. Thanks!

I'll have to try that kind then! Now what about deep cleansing? Is there a deep cleansing shampoo out there that dosnt' have sulfates and won't destroy my wallet?
smile.gif

Nacidit Aguacate (Avocado) shampoo
Jason's Biotin Shampoo
DAX Vegetable Oil Shampoo
Aubrey Organics Camila and Jasmine Shampoo

Sassygirl,

Do you have the ingredient list for Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo? Or know where I could find it online? Trying to compare it to my kenra moisturizing shampoo to see if it's a cheaper alternative!

Here you go hairlove (and yes the Kenra and Elasta QP are almost the same, but it's the QP Bodifying Shampoo that's like the Kenra)

Here's the ingredients for the Bodifying Shampoo:

Water, Sodium Myreth Sulfate, Sodium C-14, 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide MEA, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Silk, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Lavandula Angustifolia extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis, Glycol Distearate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, DMDM Hydantoin, Citric Acid, Fragrance, CI15985(FD&C Yellow No. 6)

The Bodifying also smells and looks alot like the Elucence MB shampoo. So does the Creme Conditioning Shampoo.

Here's the Ingredients for the QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo:

Water, Cocamphocarboxypropionate, Lauramide DEA, Polyquaternium-10, Glycol Distearate, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance, FD&C Yellow No. 5, FD&C Yellow No. 6, FD&C Red No. 40, FD&C Blue No.1

Hope that helps
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I'll have to try that kind then! Now what about deep cleansing?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't found a cheap deep cleansing shampoo that doesn't have sulfates. L'anza Protein Plus and Elucence MB are my "deep cleansers". But they aren't cheap and the Elucence has a mild sulfate (sodium myreth sulfate, IIRC). You can always clarify by following up your regular shampoo with an acv rinse...

A lot of people here like Pantene and Herbal Essence clarifying shampoos. They have sulfates, but using it once or twice or month won't hurt.

I'm gonna bump this to ask about deep conditioning again. Does anyone know of a deep cleansing shampoo that dosn't contain sulfates and is 15 dollars or less? (Or around there?)

A 10 oz. bottle of the L'anza PP costs around $9-$10. But make sure you get the old formula in the sky blue bottle. The new formula has sles in it.
mad.gif

The salons in my area only had the new formula. I ordered two 33 oz bottles from metrobeauty.com and specifically requested the old formula.

Obviously, I love this shampoo.
laugh.gif

I use Cream of Nature (ultra moisturizing forumla) and Keracare Hydrating Shampoo. Both are very nice. CON is under $3 and Keracare is usually around $9.

I saw that you were in ATL. I've just moved back home and want to find a good hair stylist -- one that is not scissor-happy nor into weave. Any recommendations? Thanks for Cream of Nature shampoo tip, but I can't find KeraCare anywhere. Someone at the beauty supply store told me that their not supplying it in beauty supply store anymore.. Is that true? If not, where are you getting your supplies?

You can get keraCare products at www.sheldeez.com, www.avlon.com or havanabeautysupply.com. Here is also a website for long hair care and their not scissor happy they promote long hair growth. They have a listing of their salons in any area the website is www.longhair.org once there click on salonlist and that's all plus they've got tips on how to grow your hair.

Thanks! I just joined the online chat an dwas trying to look through the stylist section to find places in ATL. What's the facination with Dominican salons? I'm thinking about trying one...

I've never been to one, but my cousin goes all the time. She says they are cheap, fast and manage to get her type 3 hair straighter than it was when she had a relaxer. And her hair isn't loaded down with greasy products, either. It's Pantene commercial, blowing in the wind straight.
up.gif

She says the blow dryers are muy caliente, though!
laugh.gif

Back