Cellophane Choosing Color

Neala21

Hi Ladies,

I've been pming ladies from all over with my cellophane questions as I'm not the one to experiment with colors/dyes period. I already know with the color mixing in cosmo school -- we had to do skin allergic test (always told to do this before giving a client color) so we had to do one on ourselves - Allergic Results for me

No surprise I already knew this as I have seasonal allergies.

Anyways those were peroxide type colors.

I need help choosing cellophanes to enhance my natural color see pics

fronttopview-th.jpg

GEDC0088-vi.jpg

GEDC0090-vi.jpg

GEDC0168-th.jpg

GEDC0234-th.jpg

I have natural birthmark - which is the white streak which won't be colored in anyway.

But for the most part I have brownish reddish tones, dark brown and off black. Hope the pictures help. I plan to purchase @ roundbrushhair.com

TIA:drunk:

No one with responses...

I was thinking of mixing a black with a brown...do you think it would give the same colors as already in my hair?

I would say ... mix a brown and red? .. its your undertone so let it stand out more. Wish I could be more of a help...I usually cellophane blue black Im on a hiatus after a permanent hair dye gone wrong (done by a professional)

I would say ... mix a brown and red? .. its your undertone so let it stand out more. Wish I could be more of a help...I usually cellophane blue black Im on a hiatus after a permanent hair dye gone wrong (done by a professional)

Oooh never thought about that as a mix...may have to do that. Totally forgot about undertones and I learned about that in coloring (but i figured since i don't personally do color on myself who cares I didnt need to know it) I guess I do now:wallbash:

How would you go about doing this? Please tell me!

I plan to mix either two (black & brown or black and red + clear) of the Colorshowers from Roundbrush or either take the playing up the undertones and use the one Red Colorshower that already has brown mixed in it but also mix in a clear Colorshower

But this wouldnt be applied until retouch day so that it takes a lot better

I use to always get the color called black cherry. I am about the same skin complexation as you, and I loved the color and recieved alot of complients too. It has a reddish under tone, but not to red.

I use to always get the color called black cherry. I am about the same skin complexation as you, and I loved the color and recieved alot of complients too. It has a reddish under tone, but not to red.
There are so many possiblities but I agree with Black Cherry, it's my favorite. I also have Cinnamon it looks like henna coloring.

I wore Wine for years and years. You could go to Sebastain's web site and take a look at their colors and get some ideas.

Black Cherry sound :lick: delicious...may
There are so many possiblities but I agree with Black Cherry, it's my favorite. I also have Cinnamon it looks like henna coloring.

I wore Wine for years and years. You could go to Sebastain's web site and take a look at their colors and get some ideas.

2 for Black cherry looks like I am going to have to check it out :yep: Thanks

Also, how long does the color last before having to redo the color?

Last edited:
I use to get the color put in on relax days, but i only get a relaxer twice a year. The color lasts awhile. It wont stay as vibrate, but I could always see the color. But it took me over a year, after I stopped getting the color to completely rid myself of the color.

I use to get the color put in on relax days, but i only get a relaxer twice a year. The color lasts awhile. It wont stay as vibrate, but I could always see the color. But it took me over a year, after I stopped getting the color to completely rid myself of the color.

Okay...
I know I will have 3 relaxers a year. Thanks

I really love the Black.
You might try clear... if you don't want to change the color of
your hair too much... it will add sheen... and all that...

Back