Carrot Juice

ktwatkins

Hello ladies!

Are any of you drinking carrot juice on a regular basis? If so, has it helped your hair growth? I just found out that carrot juice is supposed to have some good benefits.

Kinky4Agirl

I have used it as a hair oil and it was ok. Didn't really see any results but I didn't use it that long though. I heard it was a good oil for the hair so drinking it should be even better.

LaBelleLL

I noticed a big difference in my growth after I drank it for a month.

I already had my hair in Havana twists twice before so I knew where my hair was. After I took the twists out for the third time and after one month of drinking the juice, my hair was considerably longer. I was shocked.

I'm back to juicing each day. I make sure I have a carrot juice 4-5 times a week. It's easy for me bc that's actually my favorite juice combo (carrot apple and ginger).

ktwatkins

I noticed a big difference in my growth after I drank it for a month.

I already had my hair in Havana twists twice before so I knew where my hair was. After I took the twists out for the third time and after one month of drinking the juice, my hair was considerably longer. I was shocked.

I'm back to juicing each day. I make sure I have a carrot juice 4-5 times a week. It's easy for me bc that's actually my favorite juice combo (carrot apple and ginger).

That's awesome feedback. I don't have a juicer so I've just been drinking the bottlehouse brand and another brand. Along with my Hairfinity pills I should see some significant growth. Right now my hair is stuck right above my bra strap! :perplexed

ktwatkins

I have a serum with carrot oil, and I don't see any significant changes even though it says it's supposed to make my hair "longer and stronger". I'm going to stick to the carrot juice for a couple of months to see if I get some results.

nlamr2013

Idk if it works or whatever but carrot juice is so sweet so I'd be worried about drinking so much having some backfiring effects lol

snoop

I think carrots in juice is fine, but drinking regular glasses of carrot juice, even straight from a juicer, might be harmful. I think it's one of those veggies that when taken in moderate quantities is OK but in large doses can actually be harmful.

Harina

I think carrots in juice is fine, but drinking regular glasses of carrot juice, even straight from a juicer, might be harmful. I think it's one of those veggies that when taken in moderate quantities is OK but in large doses can actually be harmful.

Some people have apparently turned orange from drinking too much carrot juice.

And yeah, there's a lot of sugar in carrots and without the fiber you might be overloading your system with sugar.

snoop

"Nitrates are a chemical found in water and soil, and they're a concern when it comes to feeding your baby. Babies who ingest too much can develop a type of anemia called methemoglobinemia.

Preparing formula with well water that's high in nitrates is the usual cause of the illness, but some vegetables can also contain nitrates. The most likely sources are beets, carrots, green beans, spinach, and squash."

Source

ETA: I don't see carrots on the dirty dozen, nor on the clean fifteen, so who knows....

Last edited:

Ari8

Can't you just eat them and get the same results? I tried the juice and it was nasty - couldn't see myself drinking that stuff everyday.