Carrot Juice Drinkers

milotic13 said:
How much growth are you getting from drinking at least 2oz of carrot juice daily?

Man!!! I wish I could answer this. I just started with the Carrot Juice in November. I won't know anything this soon. I've been adding a tablespoon of flaxseed oil to each glass. I'm so happy because now I can't taste the flaxseed oil. Whoo hoo!

I just started yesterday (I drink 8 oz daily) but I would love to know the answer to this one.

Cayenne - Is there a reason for added flax oil to you juice?

MonaRae

MonaRae said:
I just started yesterday (I drink 8 oz daily) but I would love to know the answer to this one.

Cayenne - Is there a reason for added flax oil to you juice?

MonaRae

Wellll...I've been having a couple of bottles of flaxseed oil in my frig that I was supposed to be taking just because its "healthy" overall. I kept wanting to gag because its thick and tastes like ewwwwwwwwwwww. So, now I get to kill two birds with one stone by combining the two and doing a chug-a-lug move. I only end up tasting the carrot juice. I just juiced a whole bag of large carrots with my Jack Lelane juicer and I've been enjoying it! Can't wait until March so I can see some real progress.

locabouthair, when I took the liquid flaxseed oil my hair looked very very shinney, but after I finished one bottle, no way was I purchasing another bottle. I take the capsules now but there is a difference in my hair.

locabouthair said:
cayenne have you noticed any effects of the flax seed on your hair and skin?

I've only been taking the flaxseed oil for as long as I've been drinking the carrot juice so I can't tell a difference yet with my hair. I think when I relax my hair in January I'll be able to tell a lot about my hair and what its been through for the last couple of months. Right now, its so wavy and thick with newgrowth, I just don't have a clue.

I drink 8 ounce of carrot juice daily with celery, I don't know if it helps with growth, I drink it for health

Last edited:
Look what I found:

Brooke007 said:
Original post

The glycemic response of carrot juice can be reduced by drinking it with a tablespoon full of oil. The oil has the added benefit of increasing the body?s absorption of the fat soluble carotenoids, such as beta-carotene, alpha-carotene and lutein. Any oil will produce this effect. This is a great way to get in beneficial oils and carrot juice at the same time. I recommend coconut oil for a tasteless way to get it, also flaxseed oil, hemp oil or any of the oils you?ll find in your health food store's refrigerated section.

Cayenne I knew what you was doing had to be good!

MonaRae

I thought Carrot Juice only THICKENED the hair...I didnt know of it being a growth promoter.

Ive been drinking 8oz carrot juice daily for month and week.I only missed one day so far. My hair including my eyelashes and eyebrows have gotten thicker but thats it.

Has anyone else only experienced thicker hair?

I jucie carrots almost every morning and my hair has gotten very thick. I drink about 8-10 oz mixed with apple & ginger/kale/celery/pear/tangarines.

A recipe in my Juice book says that carrot & cucumbers promote hair growth.

HTH ;)

Now that I have my juicer, and plan on juicing carrots everyday I will be added flaxseed to by carrot juice also, otherwise I think that bottle of flax is gonna stay in the fridge for ever. Ever time I open the fridge I know I should take some but don't so now I have a workable solution :)

KissKiss said:
Now that I have my juicer, and plan on juicing carrots everyday I will be added flaxseed to by carrot juice also, otherwise I think that bottle of flax is gonna stay in the fridge for ever. Ever time I open the fridge I know I should take some but don't so now I have a workable solution :)

Just a tip: Flaxseed oil is great in salad dressings! I mix 1 TBS in with whatever dressing I'm using. I haven't yet tried making a dressing with just the flaxseed oil, though. I also add it to my protein drinks.

I drink 4 oz a day (half an Odwalla bottle). I've never tried to measure exactly how much growth that gives me. But I know that if I use it consistently, I get a good almost 2 inches when I relax versus 1. My nails are where I really see it. They grow twice as fast.

Back