Cant..Stop...Cutting!

BillyJay

Sheesh. :nono:
I have a problem! The scissors area calling my name. I am so obsessed with blunt ends its getting ridiculous. I know I should be waist length by now, lol.:lachen:

I cut another inch last night.:spinning:

So I'm going to hide my hair by bunning, and stop using that addictive flatiron. The focus is on growth this year.

Anyone else scissor happy? What are your plans for this year? Growth or maintaining your cut?

I have been cutting a lot too lately. I dusted 2 days ago, trimmed 3 inches a week before that, and 2-3 inches back in Oct/Nov. I guess since I was on my own personal no trim routine for practically the entire year, I am outta control now. But my ends are loving it though. Now I need to put the scissors down, so I do not stunt my progress.

I've been cutting a lot too. I cut about two inchines this month. I have lots of damage I need to get rid of so this year I'll be snipping away..

the only thing i do is search and destroy. i hate trimming. i just trimmed at the salon before christmass and i'm trying not to trim again until 6 months or so from now.

I'm soooo guilty :( When I wore my hair straight, I was even more OBSESSED with "perfect" ends. I'm trying this year not to "cut" so much and stick to regular maintanance trimmings and really grow my hair out...but I say this every year :(

Who you tellin', but I needed the 2 cuts and a trim or 2 I did this year, I could probably be hiplength my next touch up, ohwell. I was gonna drop out of Boot camp just to cut but I really don't need to, so I didn't drop out to keep me from cutting. I am gonna bun and do braid outs this yr. I soooo want to flat iron though, LOL, but I can't so roller setting or braiding for a braidout it will be today.

yes yes yes. I am so very scissor happy. I am looking at my shears right now trying to figure out a good reason to trim my ends, bangs or something. I am in the 2009 bootcamp and I just actually read the guidelines today. I am gonna try to stick to it, but I do so love my ceramic flat iron. It just leaves my hair sooo. . . .

I think I may have to do the wash n go pony and just wear my hair curly. If I wear it straight then...Ill be in your boat So1913, lol.

*runs over to BJ's house, smacks scissors out of her hand, puts mixing spoon and bowl into her hands and watches her mix up my sitri nillah*

*runs over to BJ's house, smacks scissors out of her hand, puts mixing spoon and bowl into her hands and watches her mix up my sitri nillah*

LMAO!!!! You posted what I was just thinking!!!

BJ, do you think that you do it out of impulse? Maybe a nervous reaction to something going on in your life?

While you think of the answer, please make me some avosoya oil. :grin:

i absolutely HATE my ends!!!!.....i did bout 4 trims last year but they are still yuky!!!

but december i decided to dry may hair with a blowdryer with an attachment (for the first time in years.......i usually air dry)....and my ends looked FABULOUS!!!!!!

i dont know what it is.....whether it was the heat but they looked really good and even......

i still feel the urge to trim (wanted to "dust" a week after trimming lol) but have hopefully resolved to just dust when needed and see some length.....

oh and new years day i wanted to cut off ALL my hiar to go natural....but couldnt find my scissors (lol)...and the feeling went away....i am soooooo glad i didnt:yep:

I also LOVE blunt ends. And right now my ends aren't how I want them to be. I just trimmed my hair twice last month and now I'm thinking about getting some low layers cut into my hair. I wanted to wait until this spring before I actually do some serious cutting but I don't know if I can wait that long.

Guilty as charged. I really enjoy blunt ends. What I have decided for this year is that the ONLY way I will be able to reach my goal of waistlength (i.e. the only way to keep from cutting my hair), is to not be able to see them. I'm bunning for a year. I am basically not allowing myself any straight, loose hanging styles. This way, I will not cut my hair. Watch how much length I gain! I'll be beyond waist length by the end of the year. I'll be switching between high buns, low buns, side parted buns, braid-oout buns....Call me "The bun QUEEN"!

Sincerely,

"The Bun Queen".

I am my own scissor happy stylist. :look: :yep: I have decided to wear my hair curly so I don't have to see blunt ends. I had my son hide my hair shears and made him promise not to give them to me until I have asked for them 3 days in a row. After day 1 I am ususally distracted enough not to think abour trimming. I am taking it day by day, month by month. Besides I am protective styling so no need for perfect ends since no one sees them.

Couple of days ago I got scissor happy. Started trimming and kept looking at how uneven my hair is from behind. I got to snipping to make it more even, didn't want to go the whole 3-4 inches. I sure felt like going further though. I'm also looking forward to my next trim which I have scheduled for February 24th. I plan on dipping in a bit more to even me out more. It might take me from grazing BSL(stretched of course) to full APL but I'm just tired of it being uneven...

Omg - I am raising my hand and waving it like crazy! I SO need to step away from the scissors. From April - December 31, I cut/ trimmed/ dusted 13 times! :shocked:

My goal for this year is to "minimize" to at least half, or more if I can get into a 12 step anti-cutting program. :look:

I just cut off a good 2 inches from so called "dusting" after my last rollerset..my ends look fine but I saw 10 splits and instead of S&D, I cut a good 2-3 months worth of progress. Only natural styles from here on out!

my cutting addiction began last march, where i just trimmed my ends after about 6 months of no trimming
then in august i went to the salon and the lady trimmed some more because according to her my ends were damaged (from not getting a relaxer in 8 months)
early december i got a bob because those scissors were just so tempting...i actually wanted to go shorter then...but now now my new year resolution is to let my hair GROW

I don't like the haidresser gets scissor happy, but I love the look blunt, even ends. I reached my goal of BSL, but my ends were thin. So I cut from BSL to APL. My goal is reach BSL again, but with blunt, thick even ends.

Sheesh. :nono:
I have a problem! The scissors area calling my name. I am so obsessed with blunt ends its getting ridiculous. I know I should be waist length by now, lol.:lachen:

I cut another inch last night.:spinning:

So I'm going to hide my hair by bunning, and stop using that addictive flatiron. The focus is on growth this year.

Anyone else scissor happy? What are your plans for this year? Growth or maintaining your cut?

I know i'm guilty. But the only reason I keep cutting is to grow out these layers a bit. (And because I keep using this flat iron)

Back