What is about cutting your hair that is so addictive?

C

chica_canella

Ok, I see I am not the only one that gets a thought in their mind to just cut there hair for no reason at all.

It is weird because I like to see my hair grow and all but sometimes when you see a pair of scissors sitting around, you are like, "What if I cut my hair right now?" I don't mean a lil' snip snip but like a big cut.

I only did it once myself when I really did need to cut it. This was about Jan 06' when I did the BC but it felt kind of therapeutic.:drunk:

I know I won't cut it but when those scissors are just laying around, every once in a while, like maybe twice a year, I think, "What if," knowing I won't do it.:lachen:

Scissor addicts, how do you over come that feeling?

Oh and the funny thing is, I don't like hair stylists to cut my hair but now I can see why some stylists may be scissor happy. Maybe it releases some pent up energy when they start cutting!:ohwell:

I can relate to this when it comes to trimming my hair. I get so tempted to trim an inch off before my scheduled date which is in January and July of each year.

I love to see the bluntness of my ends. Its probably why it has taken me this long to get to BSL.

Ahh Well...

C

chica_canella

I can relate to this when it comes to trimming my hair. I get so tempted to trim an inch off before my scheduled date which is in January and July of each year.

I love to see the bluntness of my ends. Its probably why it has taken me this long to get to BSL.

Ahh Well...

I like the blunt look to be layered, you know. Like not all the same length across.

Ok, let me back track. I have done a little snip-snip there cause I just don't like seeing split ends. I guess this would be considered dusting though.

Okay, all dusters included also.:yep:

lennet93

Ok, I see I am not the only one that gets a thought in their mind to just cut there hair for no reason at all.

It is weird because I like to see my hair grow and all but sometimes when you see a pair of scissors sitting around, you are like, "What if I cut my hair right now?" I don't mean a lil' snip snip but like a big cut.

I only did it once myself when I really did need to cut it. This was about Jan 06' when I did the BC but it felt kind of therapeutic.:drunk:

I know I won't cut it but when those scissors are just laying around, every once in a while, like maybe twice a year, I think, "What if," knowing I won't do it.:lachen:

Scissor addicts, how do you over come that feeling?

Oh and the funny thing is, I don't like hair stylists to cut my hair but now I can see why some stylists may be scissor happy. Maybe it releases some pent up energy when they start cutting!:ohwell:

I see I'm not the only one...I had the exact same thought the other day. The scissors were just laying there and I just had the urge to cut my hair..I punked out though:lachen:

asubeauty

I'm the same way. I want to cut now.

I just don't like raggedy ends, though, and I think that hair is will always grow back, you know.

But I also like to notice growth too.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
Funny you mention this today. I just looked at a picture of a woman with a texlaxed TWA and yearned for it after spending million$ on products, and declaring I would never cut again, and after getting through that funky in between stage. Been there, done that. What was I drinking?

C

chica_canella

You know what I think will resolve this urge.....sew-in weaves. Amerie does it when she want the short bob look and it looks cute on her.

I am wondering though how she did it with a sew-in but she left (well atleast it looked like it) some of her hair out. So, say your hair is bsl or even apl and you want that new Rihanna hair cut, how would you leave your own hair out at the top?

The only thing I can think of is that maybe you would have a closure at the top and cut the hair on that.:yep: I don't really know how the weavologists do it.:drunk:

hothair

*Tiptoes in* Well.... I like scissors, really I've had about 15 pairs at one time:look: I like to "customise" it could be my clothes, nails, hair even the curtains:spinning: When I used to cut my hair my excuse was that it was to make my braids less fuzzy, but now I'm not so sure, I just like it :nuts: ergo ALL the scissors have been sent to sisterland where anything that goes in never comes back so my hair is safe, at least for the moment:grin:

BambiEyes

I got it bad too! What sucks more is that I know i should never cut unless i had a fresh touchup but i found myself cutting hair post 10wks etc...i know bad idea but i couldn't help it. I'm finally done experimenting and is down to dust and/or cut every 6months...then i'm going to go to "as needed" basis. lol