Can't handle scent of regular BT

msjones

Does the scented BT still have a sulphur like smell to it? I was using it on my hair for awhile...and on my boyfriends'.....neither of us can handle the smell. I was thinking about purchasing the scented version, but really do not want to spend the $ if i'm not going to like that one either. Any thoughts?

I'd like to know as well! I also have the unscented one, and it smells like a slightly faint MTG :-(. I can deal, but in this summer heat, I dunno.

Blackoutzangel05

I'd like to know as well! I also have the unscented one, and it smells like a slightly faint MTG :-(. I can deal, but in this summer heat, I dunno.

That is what is killing me, since I sweat in my head the smell is coming through. So for the summer months I have started cutting back my usage to every other day. I still co-wash daily, but just couldn't take the smell daily and since I use mine in the morning I was out of luck. I don't smell it unless I start sweating and with this summer heat and my extra thick hair..yeah it wasn't working with the daily usage.

SignatureBeauty

I use to have the scented and it does smell good but it gave me a headache so I purchased the unscented one and I do smell sulfur but not alot for me to not use it, But I apply it very lightly and I don't do it everyday, maybe you could try to add your own choice of fragrance to it, But I know how it is when that Sun hit it LOL!!! But since I apply very lightly I don't have that problem anymore, plus I massage it in.

jnicole

That's why I've stopped using BT. My hair really holds on to that sulfur smell and I couldn't take it. So is the scented one really better?

msjones

That's why I've stopped using BT. My hair really holds on to that sulfur smell and I couldn't take it. So is the scented one really better?
Maybe the scent strength has to do with how it mixes with your natural scent. Kind of like some oils/perfume smell stronger on some people than others? I'm super impressed w/ the growth ppl have acheived w/ BT...but maybe I'll just use my LR.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I have the scented BT and I can't use it because of the smell. I mean, I don't think you can mask the smell of sulphur completely! I think you'll smell it in the scented OR unscented if you are sensitive to the smell of sulphur. I am... Now if Naturallady could make BT smell like Silcon Mix, I AM THERE! :grin:

Tee

I have the scented BT and I can't use it because of the smell. I mean, I don't think you can mask the smell of sulphur completely! I think you'll smell it in the scented OR unscented if you are sensitive to the smell of sulphur. I am... Now if Naturallady could make BT smell like Silcon Mix, I AM THERE! :grin:

I have the unscented BT and I stopped using it because I could smell the sulphur still. I dont know why I didnt put that up on the exchange board. I really dont think I will use it again. My nose is just very sensitive.:ohwell:

HoneyDew

I agree. I mean, Sulphur DOES have a smell to it - it is NOT odorless at all.

I have made sulphur powder mixes and it did not stink badly , but you can still smell the sulphur. It does not smell like MTG, though. I think MTG has the cade oil smell going on, too. I think that is stronger than the Sulphur smell.

When I used my own sulphur mix, my mom smelled it when I walked past her. She said it did not stink just reminded her of sulphur 8. :look: I did not tell her what was on my scalp so she was right on that one.

Last edited:

Prosperity711

I have the unscented one, and if I'm in the sun and it's over 100 degrees I really smell it, I live in the desert and it gets really hot. I just apply it around edges and maybe on my scalp once a week. I added some peppermint oil to it and it helped a little.

HoneyDew

I can't stand the smell either, how does Lenzi's Request smell? I might order some.

It smells kinda herbal to me. I have been using the oil to massage my scalp with. It smells the same as the pomade she has. I cannot say that is has done anything for faster growth, though. But I do feel that my scalp is being stimulated. But they may be because of the massage itself.

Still, I think it is a decent product except that she does not share which EOs she uses in the oil. I am not too sure I like that idea.

FlyRob

I have the scented BT, and it has a very pleasant fragance. I apply it every night, and put a satin bonnet on top. My husband who has a very sensitve nose has not complained at all. I even ordered another bottle.

SignatureBeauty

I agree with the others, I don't think you can mask the smell of sulfur, You might can minimize but you will still be able to smell it, well I can, and if BT get's on your clothes or sheets the smell will still be hard to come out. I rub BT on my scalp lightly maybe once a week but I am not consistent at all, I haven't seen any faster growth at all, But I am about to use the Shakakia Vatika Oil from Hairveda it smells really good and is very light and it might help my itchy scalp!