Can you wash synthetic braids?

alona

When I got my micro braids, I asked for human hair. The lady who did them, said that I could get a new kind of hair that was synthetic and washable.

I don't know anything about it so I didn't get it. Is this true?

Also is there another way to clean your braids (without washing) besides using Sea Breeze? I have human hair but I think there is some synthetic mixed in. So I've been using Sea Breeze and can't stand the smell.

TIA

kristina

I know you can wash kanakalon (sp?) hair, which is a type of synthetic hair. Most people with synthetics seems to washing every week like me. I'm not sure if washing human hair with the synthetic mix is a good idea though.

Neroli

alona said:
When I got my micro braids, I asked for human hair. The lady who did them, said that I could get a new kind of hair that was synthetic and washable.

I don't know anything about it so I didn't get it. Is this true?

Also is there another way to clean your braids (without washing) besides using Sea Breeze? I have human hair but I think there is some synthetic mixed in. So I've been using Sea Breeze and can't stand the smell.

TIA

As I mentioned in another thread, I used to do braids in a salon back in my undergrad days and IMO, synthetic hair holds up to washing better then human hair. To my knowledge, ALL synthetics can be washed, at least I do without any problems. Again in IMO, the BEST synthetics are the "yaki pony" hair made by various brands but they're call "yaki" and they have a slight curl at the ends and they look and feel like human hair and washes and wears like a dream. I get my for about $3.99 for a pack of 2 ponys.

BTW, I've never use seabreeze or anything else to clean my braids but good ole shampoo. IMO, anything else just adds to that aweful "sour" smell that accumulates in the hair if not properly WASHED.

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!
in my experience, kanekalon washes fine but pony hair does not take too well to water. there are other fibers like Hot Stuff Fusion, Synergy, WaWa, and others that are supposed to wash nicely as well because its even more like human hair...only cheaper than human hair (and can be curled)