Can you roller set after a press?

kally

I have tried to roller set my 4a/b hair before and what I got was a big puffy mess.

Is it possible to roller set the hair after it has been pressed with a hot comb? Must the hair just have been washed and conditioned before a rollerset can be done?

I hope that is not a dumb question, but I love the way a roller set looks and the only way for my hair to have that same effect is if I press it first. I know you can use a curling iron, but the hot comb is all the heat I wish to use.

if you a 4a/b natural and have tried this what method and products have you use to achieve this?

TIA

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I have tried to roller set my 4a/b hair before and what I got was a big puffy mess.

Is it possible to roller set the hair after it has been pressed with a hot comb? Must the hair just have been washed and conditioned before a rollerset can be done?

I hope that is not a dumb question, but I love the way a roller set looks and the only way for my hair to have that same effect is if I press it first. I know you can use a curling iron, but the hot comb is all the heat I wish to use.

if you a 4a/b natural and have tried this what method and products have you use to achieve this?

TIA
You can rollerset after a press. Just try using some sponge rollers and roll it up dry. By morning you should try some great curls. Or you could try caruso steam rollers.....that's another option......or pin curls......or bantu knots.

Fine 4s

You can add some mousse (no alcohol) to each section after it is pressed and smooth it on the roller. A hair stylist I used to go to did this years ago and it came out nice.

One thing, though she didn't press it, she blew my hair out hard and then proceeded with the mousse and rollerset.

kally

You can rollerset after a press. Just try using some sponge rollers and roll it up dry. By morning you should try some great curls. Or you could try caruso steam rollers.....that's another option......or pin curls......or bantu knots.

I have been hearing about those steam rollers and have wanted to try them. Will the steam revert the hair?

I am on the wig challenge right now, but even now and again I get tired of it. I will have to try the sponge rollers.

kally

You can add some mousse (no alcohol) to each section after it is pressed and smooth it on the roller. A hair stylist I used to go to did this years ago and it came out nice.

One thing, though she didn't press it, she blew my hair out hard and then proceeded with the mousse and rollerset.

I have been wanting one of those T3 tourmaline hand held dryers, once I get it I will try this one too.