CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CLEAR THIS UP FOR ME?!!!!!..

rririla

Is Cassia Obavata really Henna or is something different?...I work with an Indian girl who says it's just ''Neutral Henna"...but some web sites say that it isnt 'henna'' at all!...I am really interested in using the Cassia for the conditioning and strenghthening properties but some say it isnt AS effective as using henna!.....The problem is that most of the official websites that sell henna,,, call cassia 'neutral henna'....so I am completely confused and I wanted to order some soon...TIA for any information u ladies have that might help me decide.....I know there a ton of threads on this but I can't seem to find one on what Cassia ''IS'' exactly.....also I have no interest in coloring my hair, I just want it to be stronger!!!....thanks ladies

Last edited:
I have the same question and dilemma b/c I too want the strengthening effects of henna but not the color. From what I've read it seems as though cassia obovata does do the same things but I'm not sure if it is as effective. So I'm also torn between giving it a try or curious if to is there a way to use henna and not get the coloring component of it. I'll definately keep an eye on this thread :yep:

I read that it gives pretty much the same effect as henna except for the red coloring, and that it doesnt last as long as henna , you would have to do it more frequently...

It crazy though, because my hair did not like henna as much as its loving cassia right now...

My hair feels smoother ,stronger, and the shine is wonderful, I noticed an immediate difference after using the cassia, than I did with henna...

Here are pics of my first time doing it this weekend...
My First Cassia treatment album | NaturallyNiké *Oct/Nov 10' & Henna/Cassia album* | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy.

Just concurring with what everyone else has said. They're NOT the same thing. They come from two different plants.

I have the same question and dilemma b/c I too want the strengthening effects of henna but not the color. From what I've read it seems as though cassia obovata does do the same things but I'm not sure if it is as effective. So I'm also torn between giving it a try or curious if to is there a way to use henna and not get the coloring component of it. I'll definately keep an eye on this thread :yep:

So my Indian friend said that its possible to use red henna and not get color release if u saturate ur hair in coconut oil first, and dont leave it on too long....but I am still skeptical...if anyone else has tried this method I would love to know what ur results were....btw. she does NOT USE HENNA, but her friend does this.

I read that it gives pretty much the same effect as henna except for the red coloring, and that it doesnt last as long as henna , you would have to do it more frequently...

It crazy though, because my hair did not like henna as much as its loving cassia right now...

My hair feels smoother ,stronger, and the shine is wonderful, I noticed an immediate difference after using the cassia, than I did with henna...

Here are pics of my first time doing it this weekend...
My First Cassia treatment album | NaturallyNiké *Oct/Nov 10' & Henna/Cassia album* | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy.

Thank u for the reply....so now my next question is.....If henna COATS the hair....can I still get the benefits of moisturizing my hair or am I relying solely on the henna itself as my conditioning property!.... just asking b/c I just bought some Karen's body Beautiful (which I absolutely LOVE)....and my hair is reacting really well to it....so I'm wondering if it will continue to give me the same results if I apply cassia to my hair....and then a moisturizer?

AND BTW...UR HAIR LOOKS AMAZING IN THOSE PICS!!!!!!

Last edited:
Thank u for the reply....so now my next question is.....If henna COATS the hair....can I still get the benefits of moisturizing my hair or am I relying solely on the henna itself as my conditioning property!.... just asking b/c I just bought some Karen's body Beautiful (which I absolutely LOVE)....and my hair is reacting really well to it....so I'm wondering if it will continue to give me the same results if I apply cassia to my hair....and then a moisturizer?

AND BTW...UR HAIR LOOKS AMAZING IN THOSE PICS!!!!!!

thank you :)

Henna and cassia alone are NOT deep conditioners, think of them as hair treatments, they strengthen the hair, and enable the hairs ability to take in and hold moisture...

When doing henna or cassia you have to deep condition afterwards, just like you would do after a hardcore protien treatment, because they can be drying...you will have to proceed with moisturizing as well...

thank you :)

Henna and cassia alone are NOT deep conditioners, think of them as hair treatments, they strengthen the hair, and enable the hairs ability to take in and hold moisture...

When doing henna or cassia you have to deep condition afterwards, just like you would do after a hardcore protien treatment, because they can be drying...you will have to proceed with moisturizing as well...

Ok...that makes sense....and I am ecstatic that I won't be wasting my new KBB hair products...Thank you so much for the speedy response....I can't wait to try cassia now!!!!!

Back