Can someone please explain

authormom

the moisturize/seal process to me? I have read several post and I'm thinking I'm a little slow :wallbash:

I understand the concept but I'm scared my hair will be moist/wet if I do this 2x a day. I am relaxed and usually just pin my hair up around the house and PS (wig/pony) when I'm out. I mean should my hair be moist after I seal? :perplexed: I may be tempted to dry it if it is. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry if this is redundant/silly but I am really new to this healthy hair journey and wanna make sure I do right to retain length and promote growth.

Also what is a good moisturizer for relaxed hair?

**Also I am scared of oil heavy hair.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

KurlyNinja

I wet my hair before I moisturize. I feel like it helps. I usually moisturize with Care Free Curls Gold or Skala Shea Butter Leave In. I seal with Coconut oil.

Yes it does leave my hair kind of damp, but this is kinda what I'm aiming for. I usually also bun to hide my ends. This way my ends stay damp. Its just a good way to help me retain length.

I don't know of any good moisturizers for relaxed hair since I'm using heavier stuff since I'm transitioning. Maybe somebody else will chime in.

chebaby

since you are relaxed you probably dont want your hair to be wet or damp. try using a cream water basd moisturizer and then seal with oil. you do not have to do this 2x a day. everyones hair doesnt need moisture twice a day. just do it as you fel fit.

chebaby

when i was relaxed my fave moisturizers were kera care cream moisturizer and carols daughter healthy haur butter.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
since you are relaxed you probably dont want your hair to be wet or damp. try using a cream water basd moisturizer and then seal with oil. you do not have to do this 2x a day. everyones hair doesnt need moisture twice a day. just do it as you fel fit.
Typically speaking, while there may be exceptions, is it bad for relaxed heads to be damp throughout the day?

bravenewgirl87

Yes, your hair is supposed to be moist. That's the whole purpose. To prevent breakage from mushy hair use Aphogee Keratin and Green tea spray along with the leave-in.

MsChelle

I use Care Free Curl Gold and seal with JBCO and EVCO. My hair doesn't feel wet if I am not using too much. I have had my days when I was heavy handed with the product and ended up putting my hair up until I had time to wash it. I wear my hair down 95% of the time and the moisturizing and sealing process doesn't make it weighed down, limp or anything. It makes it really soft. Thanks to Adora(love reading her posts), I tried CFCG and I am HOOKED!!!:yep:

authormom

Thanks! Can anyone recommend a really good cream/water based moisturizer? I usually moisturize at night before I wrap my hair for the night. (More habit than anything).

bimtheduck

Lots of relaxed ladies here like Neutrogena Triple Moisture silk touch leave in or Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship leave in creme and then they seal with some kind of oil.
In the past I have used both of those along with Giovanni direct leave in , Mane N' Tail hair strengthener spary.
I've used several oils to seal with but coconut oil is my favorite.
Now I switched to Qhemet Biologics Burdock Root Butter Cream as my mositurizer and I LOVE it! Good luck.:yawn:

none of these made my hair greasy.

1god1

I use Care Free Curl Gold and seal with JBCO and EVCO. My hair doesn't feel wet if I am not using too much. I have had my days when I was heavy handed with the product and ended up putting my hair up until I had time to wash it. I wear my hair down 95% of the time and the moisturizing and sealing process doesn't make it weighed down, limp or anything. It makes it really soft. Thanks to Adora(love reading her posts), I tried CFCG and I am HOOKED!!!:yep:

I am also hooked on CFCG. Last week I decided to also give Stay Free Curl another try. I wonder how much better my progress might have been had I started using CFCG a couple of years ago. Oh....I also put EVOO in my hair.

sithembile

I have another question about this moisture / sealing thing. If I use a water based creamy moisturiser which also contains oils, do I still need to seal with oil?